Deezuz starts a love affair with Infiniti?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
in sport+ mode, the 7AT on the Q50RS does respond and shift slightly better, but agreed its time to replace. I think a bigger issue is no LSD and the factory run flats. AWD helps make up the shortfalls, but its still rwd-biased awd. Decent tires help considerably.

the 1st/2nd gen G35/7's were more connected to the road vs. the Q50, hands down. Q50s lost hydraulic steering and factory LSD. I do miss that from my old G35.

I wish Infiniti would put an LSD (or eLSD) in the Q50/Q60 and some good tires like Pilot P4S's. They definitely softened up the suspension in the Q and it lost some of it's drivers car attributes. I always though of the G37 as the Japanese version of the three series.

Also, Infiniti is a bit behind competitors in their infotainment. Simple things like upgrading the screen resolution and adding Carplay would be nice. Also, a digital dash would be cool.

Overall, I feel like Infiniti is a lost brand. The changes I outlined above will likely keep me from buying another.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I wish Infiniti would put an LSD (or eLSD) in the Q50/Q60 and some good tires like Pilot P4S's. They definitely softened up the suspension in the Q and it lost some of it's drivers car attributes. I always though of the G37 as the Japanese version of the three series.

Also, Infiniti is a bit behind competitors in their infotainment. Simple things like upgrading the screen resolution and adding Carplay would be nice. Also, a digital dash would be cool.

Overall, I feel like Infiniti is a lost brand. The changes I outlined above will likely keep me from buying another.

I have to agree, I DD a 2012 G37xS Coupe and with the 19" wheels and sport seats it's an ok drive, the 7spd sometimes has a hard time keeping up. Once I put on some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ it did get better with handling and feedback from the road. The infotainment has definitely aged, and the road noise/mileage could definitely stand some improvement.

I regularly do 1000 mile round trips to Southeastern Kentucky and after a few hours of driving you want to pull over to get some peace and quiet. A friend has a 2014 Q40 sedan with the 17's, same tires, and regular seats, and you can tell the difference on the highway. For longer commutes/trips I'd rather have his car. For the twisties, I'd much rather have mine. Even though we both have 7spd AWD cars, he gets about 2mpg better mileage on the highway than I do, going the same speed. Holding 75mph I barely get 22-23mpg. No reason it shouldn't do better, granted it is almost 4,000lbs, a large displacement V-6, and AWD.

Thanks to its depreciation I did get a good deal on it though, LOL. I tried a co-workers Q60 and wasn't impressed. For being seven years newer it should have had a lot more noticeable improvements. Would I buy another Infiniti (glorified Nissan)? Nope.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I have to agree, I DD a 2012 G37xS Coupe and with the 19" wheels and sport seats it's an ok drive, the 7spd sometimes has a hard time keeping up. Once I put on some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ it did get better with handling and feedback from the road. The infotainment has definitely aged, and the road noise/mileage could definitely stand some improvement.

I regularly do 1000 mile round trips to Southeastern Kentucky and after a few hours of driving you want to pull over to get some peace and quiet. A friend has a 2014 Q40 sedan with the 17's, same tires, and regular seats, and you can tell the difference on the highway. For longer commutes/trips I'd rather have his car. For the twisties, I'd much rather have mine. Even though we both have 7spd AWD cars, he gets about 2mpg better mileage on the highway than I do, going the same speed. Holding 75mph I barely get 22-23mpg. No reason it shouldn't do better, granted it is almost 4,000lbs, a large displacement V-6, and AWD.

Thanks to its depreciation I did get a good deal on it though, LOL. I tried a co-workers Q60 and wasn't impressed. For being seven years newer it should have had a lot more noticeable improvements. Would I buy another Infiniti (glorified Nissan)? Nope.

depreciation fo sho
the sticker on my neighbors 2015 Q50 S was 54K
he bought it a couple weeks ago with 36k miles for like 25.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info