Deep fry a turkey anyone?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Did it one year at my brother in laws. It was super cold that year and a lot of wind. We had it away from the house to not catch it on fire and couldn't get the oil to tempnwith the bird in it. So if it's cold out you may have problems if you don't have a lot of heat and a wind block.

Could always wrap a healthy layer of tin foil around the bottom to stop the wind from blowing the flame around.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I would probably never brine a fried turkey. It wouldn't hurt, but I don't see how it will noticeably help. Frying a turkey sears the outside so the moisture is essentially trapped. I like to brine previously frozen meat where the cooking is going to dry my meat out.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I've been frying turkeys for probably a decade and it's all my family will eat now. There is absolutely no need to brine a fried turkey IMO.

I've tried all kinds of injections over the years and the one that always goes the quickest is just a simple teriyaki injection. I don't even bother with other injection recipes because everyone always goes for the teriyaki bird.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
we inject and fry with cajun, creole, garlic butter, b dubs spicy garlic, and 2 or 3 other flavors. we just fry the breasts though

Seriously, try one breast with teriyaki. I remember the first time I did one at my sisters when I was down visiting in Florida. She looked at me like I was nuts.

I made two birds, one teriyaki and one butter/garlic/herb. When I got back up to go for seconds the entire teriyaki bird was gone:angrys00ls:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Seriously, try one breast with teriyaki. I remember the first time I did one at my sisters when I was down visiting in Florida. She looked at me like I was nuts.

I made two birds, one teriyaki and one butter/garlic/herb. When I got back up to go for seconds the entire teriyaki bird was gone:angrys00ls:

I want to, unfortunately we only have 4 breasts this year and I am the only one that cares for teriyaki:angrys00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info