Deep Fried Steak Experiment

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Most top shelf steaks are essentially fried in butter in a pan for that insanely good taste when you bite into it. Grilled steaks are great, don't get me wrong, but you have to finish them in a some kind of "fried" way with butter to get that restaurant style taste you seek.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
With a good cut of steak, you want char on the outside for the chemical Maillard reaction that makes charred meat taste so good and medium rare, tender meat on the inside for complementary texture and flavor.

Deep frying, as mentioned, adds way too much fat and cooking inconsistency.

I'm trying to get my sous vide steaks right but, so far, a reverse sear using indirect heat and then direct heat still results in the best cooked steaks.

The "choice" ribeyes I am using may be part of my problem. I'm going to pick up some "prime" steak to see if it's my methods or if it's the meat.

Don't get me wrong. I seared the sous vide steak in a cast iron pan and then used the fond/drippings to make a mushroom, red wine, cream sauce so the steak with the sauce was amazing. Still, it wasn't the best steak I ever had.

Getting back to the topic at hand, no. Just no on deep frying.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info