Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Anyone pick this game up yet?

I got it Saturday. Didnt play any until last night.

Im 3 hours in. I still barely know WTF is going in this world, just what I am tasked with. I totally forgot about the whole BB (fetus baby thing) so now I have the urge to touch my wifes preggo belly and ask how our BB is. :rofl:

Visually, this game is stunning. Even on my launch PS4 and peasant 1080P TV this is probably one of the best looking games Ive seen.

Playing as a post apocalyptic Amazon delivery man is kinda fun. I do have a feeling Ill get to pull some more Solid Snake action (already have to sneak around at some points) once I unlock weapons.

Reactions: IDAFC21

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I found a reddit thread, and the main poster basically says the same things Ive said, except I dont mind the early parts of the game. I havent made it to chapter 3 yet, as Im still in 2, but this game is pretty damn fun. I really like being Sam-azon Prime. :ROFLMAO:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I've seen articles popping about chapter 3, but I've been avoiding them. I do wanna get this game, but I've been playing the hell outta The Outer Worlds lately and really wanna get thru that before I start on anything else. Plus Star Wars is out this week also, and if that's good......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I hear that. What I didnt know about the game is as you progress though the story, you unlock the "network" (forget the weird name Kojima gave it) and you can see what others have built. Ive used ladders and ropes left by others, and left a few myself. Its a cool aspect, and I do wonder what it will be like playing this game as time goes on and less people play, or they take that aspect offline.

Ive read people are building highways and crap. LOL.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
:rofl:

Not gonna lie, this was me.

wz7uodkgs2y31.jpg

Also, when the baby cries, it comes through the PS controller speaker. It freaked me out the first time, and now I do what I can to make it stop. BTs breathing down on me? NFG. Gotta stop the baby from crying. Carrying the literal world on my shoulders? Im making sure BB is getting soothed. Mook can wait 5 more minutes for his package.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I am in the middle of chapter 3 now and it is starting to unlock more stuff that makes the game easier. I actually have over 80K likes since I have spent time beating up mules and stealing back stuff they stole only to pave roads. :rofl: In my instance we have a road paved from one town to the next. Now Im taking my time and paving roads. Hopefully there are no unions in the UCA. :bowrofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I just took another break to stretch and go to the bathroom and noticed the time. Ive been collecting and donating for roads for almost 3 hours. :rofl: Going to do a little more story and call it. I added 2 more stretches past south knot city. I want to keep going, but some of the materials are kinda daunting to collect and unless you have a truck, a PITA to transport.

Seriously, this game is scratching an itch I didnt know I had. It has a very MGS5 feeling, but does combat and other things in a totally different way. Along with the WTF is going on story.

Also just checked, Im now past 96K likes. Ive gotten 10K in just the time Ive played due to the roads Ive helped build. Which is funny cause I look at the leaderboard in my instance of the game, and people are ranked higher than me, and might have more likes, but they are NPC likes with very little online people, where just doing roads mine is the opposite.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
No. You can play it totally offline. Online from my experience only lets you see and use what others have built and vice versa.

There is an option at the start of the game that lets you turn on the remove spoilers stuff as well. I assume there are signs and other things that might spoil whats coming up, so I actually havent seen anything for that. After the first fight a bunch of signs and other things popped up after.

Reactions: nytebyte

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
40+ hours later the story is done. Now to just collect all my trophies.

I don’t know if it’s the stage in my life or just things I’ve experienced and going through now, but this game has some gut punch to the feels moments. It’s a Kojima story so it’s out there for sure, but it’s not nearly as convoluted as Metal Gear, which I still like as well. You got your twists and WTF moments and for the story you really have to keep up with the emails and interviews which is a bit of reading. You probably could get away without, but things do make more sense.

I personally love this game. It’s a game with a good story, and while it can be stressful and make me jump out of my seat and scare me enough to keep me from sleeping, I would play it again and actually look forward to finishing up other things while still building for other players that will be starting.

I did die a few times doing boss fights, but it wasn’t overtly hard at all despite me playing on hard (the hardest level) mode.

Reactions: nytebyte
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info