Dear GM: Don't revive Hummer. Focus on Cadillac instead.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
People aren't stupid. You take a regular Chevy and slap Cadillac stuff all over it and ask German prices. Lincoln is in trouble for the same crap. Get rid of Buick, Cadillac and GMC and just focus on one brand.

I feel like Caddy is done. They had a chance and Bob Lutz seemed to have them on a mission to challenge the Germans. The last few launches have been lackluster product after another.

Lincoln has been crushing it. The Navi and Aviator are gorgeous inside and out. Hell even my wife made a comment the other day while watching an Aviator commercial about how nice the car is. We are a bit younger than Lincoln's target demographic, but hell that's a good thing for Lincoln. Until recently, it was only old people interested in the brand.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Lincoln sales were up last year, but enough to keep the brand alive? That could be another debate and my guess is 2020 will be another decline with no new large SUVs.

Lincoln suffers from the same safety/quality issues plaguing the explorer..like forever.

Still the exploder

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
"Fourth-quarter Lincoln brand sales rose 17.8 percent to 33,355. Sales of Lincoln SUVs were up 30.9 percent, making it Lincoln's best fourth-quarter sales performance for its SUVs since 2001. Lincoln Cars recorded a decline of 19.4 percent, for the quarter. "

And I was referencing the SUV's. Cars in general across the board are struggling.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
"Fourth-quarter Lincoln brand sales rose 17.8 percent to 33,355. Sales of Lincoln SUVs were up 30.9 percent, making it Lincoln's best fourth-quarter sales performance for its SUVs since 2001. Lincoln Cars recorded a decline of 19.4 percent, for the quarter. "

And I was referencing the SUV's. Cars in general across the board are struggling.
I mean. Of course they were up. Don't they have four times more suv offerings than last year this time?

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
It’s the marketing helping lincoln. They are nice looking though
giphy.gif

Reactions: The Beast
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info