Dear GM: Don't revive Hummer. Focus on Cadillac instead.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

The brand is toxic, and the idea that adding a brand can cure what ails your existing business — which, in case you’ve forgotten, is selling Cadillacs, Chevrolets, Buicks and GMCs — makes no more sense today that it did when the automaker tried it with Hummer, Saturn and Saab.

During its lost decades of the 1980s and '90s, GM wasted billions of dollars and the talent of countless engineers and designers chasing the fantasy of those three brands. They’re gone, and GM is better off without them, able to concentrate on providing strong lineups for fewer brands.

Talk about reviving Hummer as an all-electric brand of luxury off-roaders began in mid-2019. It shouldn’t survive into 2020.

It’s a mirage, like the illusion an idealized new relationship will improve the broken ones you already have.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
People aren't stupid. You take a regular Chevy and slap Cadillac stuff all over it and ask German prices. Lincoln is in trouble for the same crap. Get rid of Buick, Cadillac and GMC and just focus on one brand.
Then all the trucks and suvs for gm would be ugly

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
People aren't stupid. You take a regular Chevy and slap Cadillac stuff all over it and ask German prices. Lincoln is in trouble for the same crap. Get rid of Buick, Cadillac and GMC and just focus on one brand.
Disagree with the first sentence

Strongly agree with the second sentence

Disagree with the last sentence. I think Chevy's drift toward the business model of " we make ugly fleet vehicles" is basically unstoppable at this point, so as Bob Kazamakis ilikemtb999 said, if they want to sell anything that looks good they need to keep GMC

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I really don’t understand the GMC love. To me they don’t look any better or worse, just different than the chevy. All they really do is slap some red bulbs in the dash and call it something else. Sometimes the trucks will have higher engine options standard but that’s it. They could disappear off the face of the earth and I’d never notice

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I think consistently gmc has always looked better than the Chevy counterpart. The only exception for me is the 07-14 Yukon, it’s fucking hideous.
I feel like with every redesign, this gets more true. The new Chevy fullsize SUV lineup is also ugly, so I'm sure that trend will continue once GMC releases the yukon

cover.jpg

Chevrolet-Silverado-High-Country-GMC-Sierra.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
i like how the chevy's look.

just like how the gmc's look more though. :dunno:

i dont think it hurts them at all to have those two seperate brands.

i think they are fucking up plenty well with caddy and buick currently though.

I was gonna say this essentially.

I didn't like the Chevy looks when we first saw it in pics, but seeing them in person, I kinda like them. The GMC does look a little better, but it's not like the Chevy is the ugly step child.

And the tiering models is there on purpose. Gm is laughing all the way to the bank with higher trim levels on Chevy's as well as GMC's in the ATP's.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I figured the T1 would be the example. That’s the example where the Chevy looks hideous and the GMC looks pretty decent. But look at an 07-14 Sierra.... that looks like a rental car version of a Silverado. This is even a pretty generous photo

View attachment 47924
yeah

disagree.

the gmc versions were way better those years too.

Reactions: CMNTMXR57

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I figured the T1 would be the example. That’s the example where the Chevy looks hideous and the GMC looks pretty decent. But look at an 07-14 Sierra.... that looks like a rental car version of a Silverado. This is even a pretty generous photo

View attachment 47924
This was definitely the ugliest sierra ever, but the chevy's still looked worse

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I was gonna say this essentially.

I didn't like the Chevy looks when we first saw it in pics, but seeing them in person, I kinda like them. The GMC does look a little better, but it's not like the Chevy is the ugly step child.

And the tiering models is there on purpose. Gm is laughing all the way to the bank with higher trim levels on Chevy's as well as GMC's in the ATP's.
Wait, you love Chevy AND GMC? Noooo way, did not see that coming ;):ROFLMAO:

If the cybertruck had a gold chevy badge on the hood & steering wheel you'd figure out a way to like it...lol

Reactions: DEEZUZ

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
No, re-read.

When they showed us pictures of the Chevy HD's, many here, myself included, didn't care for the Chevy version. Now that I've seen them (the Chevy) in person, they aren't that bad. The GMC is still better, but the Chevy isn't this ugly bastard child that every one was up in arms about initially.

That has nothing to do with my love for GM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info