Donating Member
Reaction score

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ha Ha! You know me so well. I already had it written and was going to his post when you posted.

Better go after the DEMS on that one. Broward/Miami.

I think you guys should all become Republicans to protest the sewage dump. Who's with me?

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
How about not rolling back EPA regulations to make them more "business friendly" and actually enforcing and giving backbone to the regulations we currently have? That'd be a nice start.

Oh, and committing to pollution control on the global stage and pushing the major pollution contributors to adopt policies instead of just backing off. But hey, let's just keep on keeping on, and earth will sort it out.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha! You know me so well. I already had it written and was going to his post when you posted.

Better go after the DEMS on that one. Broward/Miami.

I think you guys should all become Republicans to protest the sewage dump. Who's with me?
Hey buddy, don't break rule #1.

Off Topic Rules:

No Politics

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
Per the new Off Topic Rules this thread has been moved to On Topic.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
20191202_171215.jpeg

Which of these paths you think this plastic took on its way from China and India to Scotland?

Come on Genius Boomers. Show me why school failed me.

Thats a solid art degree drawing right there too.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
How about not rolling back EPA regulations to make them more "business friendly" and actually enforcing and giving backbone to the regulations we currently have? That'd be a nice start.

Oh, and committing to pollution control on the global stage and pushing the major pollution contributors to adopt policies instead of just backing off. But hey, let's just keep on keeping on, and earth will sort it out.
us regulations mean jack shit if it isnt world wide

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
This thread definitely belongs in On Topic. Serious whale issue.

Which means... Trump, Trump, Trump will save us all.
How could I have guessed you would turn this into a Dem vs Rep (Trump) thread.

Supporting groups such as The Ocean Cleanup project, or buying from the companies that fund it, does make a difference.

As per what to do with Chinese, Korean, Japanese commercial fishing ships that are killing whales, sharks and dolphins, along with polluting the ocean? That’s easy, repurpose old fighter planes and start strafing the mother fuckers. Blow those fuckers to Hell! J/K - well, maybe

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

This is despicable!!!
AGAIN, human beings are horrible animals, and horrible abusers of our planet!!!
People should know better, but because so many POS losers are greedy, selfish & lazy, they just destroy any thing & every thing they come across!!!!

I can't believe how many fast food bags I see on the street every day!!!
You would think by now people would be smarter, not dumber & dumber!!!

As I just posted, the worst day in all of human history was the day survival of the fittest ended :(

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
We still are on the top 10 ocean polluters. Fix our house before we go out and tell others to fix theirs.
1575325972576.png

It seems most lists are from 2010 surveys so we should try to find more recent ones, and I agree we should be trying to do better, but according to this we are 20th, not in the top ten, and its not even close how much worse China is.

1575326087867.png

I dont see a single United States river on this list, see China a whole lotta times though.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you look at that chart though, the US is *terrible* on a per person basis. By far the worst of the Top 20. The only reason we pale in comparison is because there are far less people. It is easy to do our part, and to set the world example. But nah, "I'm not as bad as CHINA" is a much better excuse for continuing to be garbage humans.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
View attachment 46058

Which of these paths you think this plastic took on its way from China and India to Scotland?

Come on Genius Boomers. Show me why school failed me.

Thats a solid art degree drawing right there too.
School failed you because it neglected to teach you to take the whale's own traveling abilities into account.

Some whales, such as the Pacific gray whale travel between 10,000 and 14,000 miles each year. Other, smaller whales don't travel quite as far during migration.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
If you look at that chart though, the US is *terrible* on a per person basis. By far the worst of the Top 20. The only reason we pale in comparison is because there are far less people. It is easy to do our part, and to set the world example. But nah, "I'm not as bad as CHINA" is a much better excuse for continuing to be garbage humans.
I would think you would look at the mismanaged numbers more than anything no?

Yeah, we have a ton of waste, but it's not mismanaged, and we're not dumping it into the oceans at the rates of some of those other countries.

Again, I wouldn't ever disagree we can do more, but we're also not the biggest offenders.

Even looking at your map you drew to see where the waste came from there are three countries higher than us in waste that are closer to Scotland. Nigeria, Algeria, and Morocco.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
As Tinfoil mentioned, unless the big polluters change their practices, anything we do doesn't make much of a difference.

Look at the percentages of U.S. waste that is properly disposed of. We're so much better than most of the world that we already are an example they should be following. But they aren't.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Are they really indoctrinating the "Let's blame America for everything" teaching in Illinois this much?

America is, overall, a good place with good people.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Are they really indoctrinating the "Let's blame America for everything" teaching in Illinois this much?

America is, overall, a good place with good people.
Its not indoctrination.

There is zero wrong with people wanting us to do more and get our house in order, but they just have to be able to also look at it objectively. We do pollute, and we can do more, but we're not the ones doing the most damage. That doesnt mean we should sit by and do nothing. We should lead by example. Hopefully then other countries will do the same, but if they don't they should probably try to find a way to make them do so.

Imagine if President Trump said he was doubling the tariffs from China because they are horrible polluters of the environment and we could build the same products here with much less waste. Peoples heads would explode and they wouldnt know if they should hate him and take Chinas side. :bowrofl:

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
we also have access to way more resources then most of the countries on there and waste accordingly. Do they have vending machines and gas stations on every corner? If we are looking at waste per person, we also should factor in the amount of recycling per person. I bet our recycling number trumps any other country by far which is not factored into waste per person (or maybe it is, i didnt look).

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
School failed you because it neglected to teach you to take the whale's own traveling abilities into account.
Ahhh we are posting things that are irrelevant to the kind of whale in question. I can do that too!

Here are the migration patterns for a humpback whale!

Migratory-Routes-of-the-Humpback-Whale_v3-1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom