Dead GTP!

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
I posted this over on CGP as well...

Ok.. I know it probably wasn't the brightest move, I took the car to the car wash to power wash the engine. I left it running and everything was fine. I did some running around later that day and everything was still fine. I parked the car overnight and went to hop in to head to work the next morning, hit the key and nothing. It simply "clicked".. didn't turn over just clicked. So i tried jumping it, nothing. I put the battery charger on it and went to work. Got home and it was fully charged, did the same exact thing, it clicked. I am noticing the engine light is on, on the dash. Is there a way to tell w/ out a scanner what the code is? Car is a pretty highly modded 04' GTP not that makes that big of difference, I don't think? Any ideas?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I would check relays and all wires running to the starter, especially the battery terminals. Sounds like you just have a shitty connection that jolted loose or something when you power washed the engine compartment. The engine light will be on if the key is on, and the engine isn't running, which is normal since every single sensor is screaming at the computer cause nothing is "working" :rofl:

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
I would check relays and all wires running to the starter, especially the battery terminals. Sounds like you just have a shitty connection that jolted loose or something when you power washed the engine compartment. The engine light will be on if the key is on, and the engine isn't running, which is normal since every single sensor is screaming at the computer cause nothing is "working" :rofl:

LOL! Got ya! It is the ONLY light that stays on after the rest go off, which is what made me curious about it. When I scroll through the volts reading on the DIC, its reading 12.10 ish..Is that too low? My charger is saying the battery is fully charged.

-3" SC pulley
- ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler
-Johnson Intercooler Pump
-42.5# Lucas Injectors
-85 MAF
-K&N Airfilter
-XP HotCam
-AutoLite 103's
-Pacecrapper Headers
-3" Exhaust, No Cat, Magnaflow Resonator, Borla Mufflers, Ractive Tips
-Shift Kit
-18" Excel Rims with TOYO Proxes 4's
-4 wheel slotted disc brakes
-Stainless Inserts
-Inferno Front Lip
-Inferno Spoiler
-One of a kind functional Special Edition Hood Scoops

100_0277.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info