🔧 BUILD Daturbosix's new turbo six. V: 1986 E-85 Turbo T-Type ---- white is right

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Never should have started hand waxing it. Im loosing interest quickly

IMG_20200822_102000.jpg

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
decided to change it up. i got some autodrags...... well several sets :ROFLMAO:. as well as some torque thrusts. and a ok set of factory turbo t wheels..

these replica GNX wheels pull too much coin. theyre for sale. wheels/tires/caps/lugs, $1800.

will entertain partial trade for a honest MINT set of t-type mags or Vectors. bonus points if 2 are 8.5 wide ;)

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
needs turbo, injectors, more pump, or another one, and #8AN feed line. but when dude put this thing together, it was just a driver and didnt care about maxing out the combo. technically, nor do i. but if i can make another 2-300hp for not much coin, why not? as long as it doesnt take away my reliability.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
talking to a couple old timer buick guys that have been in the stage motor game for a while, claim that this thing could have 9.70-9.90 power with a proper fuel system, and a larger turbo. i just keep thinking about that :ROFLMAO:

especially once its 80e'd, then i wouldnt have to worry about that stupid 200-4r

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
The most important thing is probably the stage block oddly, the Buick guys never had a problem making power (look at TSM cars) they had a problem keeping blocks together. It's not like 109s are getting more common these days.
Then there's John Plog running 8.90s in a girdled 109 car with iron heads, 2004r, and a powermaster. That thing must have pixie dust blown on it before races.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Then there's John Plog running 8.90s in a girdled 109 car with iron heads, 2004r, and a powermaster. That thing must have pixie dust blown on it before races.

I'd always heard the blocks were pretty well a consumable item at that point.

Then again with the money some of those guys have in their engines it wouldn't surprise me if it has some crazy machining to make it hold together, or that someone secretly made a mold that was externally like a 109 block (e.g. cheating,) or that he went through dozens of blocks sonic checking looking for one that was on the right side of the tolerances and core shift or hell that it's just dumb luck and dollar bills. It happens from time to time and using good components for a rotating assembly helps hold stuff together I'm sure.

Used to talk to Jay Carter back in the day and it was amusing because he was wanting to build a Turbo Street Stock car and get it into the 10s doing shit that was very unconventional. I mean, could you imagine 10s in a full weight car using a stock turbo with a sway bar etc.? I haven't talked to him for years and years at this point he was an interesting dude.

Thread Info