Dat Ram Doe v. 2019

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-2019-ram-1500-before-youre-supposed-to-see-it-1822025227

s1pvugrhqwd6de2kcq1o.jpg

A redesigned 2019 Ram 1500 is slated to bow on Monday at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, but a nice unmasked front quarter picture of one looking fresh off an assembly line has already popped up on Reddit. Check it out.

You can pass your own on judgements on Ramā€™s new design choices. Iā€™ll just point out that the shiny grille might indicate this is a high-spec Limited trim truck, and note that the ā€œ1500ā€ badging indicating that this is a half-ton pickup appears to have moved from the door to the side of the hood.

Weā€™ll probably see a few different grille styles before the new Ram hits dealers.

The mirrors on this truck also look particularly wide, even for a modern pickup. Perhaps the rig in this picture has a towing package.

Since automakers wonā€™t confirm or deny anything about future products, we do have to hedge a little bit and say that there is a slim chance this picture is faked or its some kind of prototype. But to me, it looks like a real picture and the truck looks like a finished product. The setting also looks like an assembly facility, which is one of the only places youā€™d be able to see this spanking-new machine right now.

Ramā€™s official Detroit Auto Show press conference will take place at 9:05 a.m. est on Monday, Jan 15 but I expect weā€™ll have a big batch of official info on the new truck before you wake up for work next week.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well, on a positive note; I wonder if this means I can get $15,000 off a new Ram when they start trying to clear our inventory?

*edit*

Yea; I REALLY dislike that they moved the Headlights 'up' the sides of the grille, I think that's been a key design element of their trucks since like 1994 that made them stand out.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I don't hate it but I see no reason to upgrade. I think the upper trim levels will look better though. The interior is awesome.

Out of all the new half tons I think the redesigned Chevy looks the best even though it's a lot more boy racer. We still haven't see the GMC though and the refreshed F-150 looks terrible.

I'm just more pissed I didn't hold out for a sport or rebel when I bought mine since I'll be keeping it a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info