Dat Ram Doe v. 2019

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-2019-ram-1500-before-youre-supposed-to-see-it-1822025227

A redesigned 2019 Ram 1500 is slated to bow on Monday at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, but a nice unmasked front quarter picture of one looking fresh off an assembly line has already popped up on Reddit. Check it out.

You can pass your own on judgements on Ram’s new design choices. I’ll just point out that the shiny grille might indicate this is a high-spec Limited trim truck, and note that the “1500” badging indicating that this is a half-ton pickup appears to have moved from the door to the side of the hood.

We’ll probably see a few different grille styles before the new Ram hits dealers.

The mirrors on this truck also look particularly wide, even for a modern pickup. Perhaps the rig in this picture has a towing package.

Since automakers won’t confirm or deny anything about future products, we do have to hedge a little bit and say that there is a slim chance this picture is faked or its some kind of prototype. But to me, it looks like a real picture and the truck looks like a finished product. The setting also looks like an assembly facility, which is one of the only places you’d be able to see this spanking-new machine right now.

Ram’s official Detroit Auto Show press conference will take place at 9:05 a.m. est on Monday, Jan 15 but I expect we’ll have a big batch of official info on the new truck before you wake up for work next week.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Looks like............a Ram

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
So does it match the spotted one you posted?

OP
EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

Donating Member
Reaction score
I think it actually looks oddly Ford-Like.

Has some of the trapezoidal design language that Ford has in their car and light SUV line up.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Go to the article comments. Somebody posted that image and says they look the same.
I think that's a stretch; but I do think it's lost its 'freight train' type appearance with this new nose. It does not 'stand out' anymore, that's for sure.

OP
EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

Donating Member
Reaction score
I agree, huge stretch

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Well, on a positive note; I wonder if this means I can get $15,000 off a new Ram when they start trying to clear our inventory?

*edit*

Yea; I REALLY dislike that they moved the Headlights 'up' the sides of the grille, I think that's been a key design element of their trucks since like 1994 that made them stand out.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I don't like it.

Sweet, now I don't like any of the new trucks.

Outlaw

Reaction score
:rollseyes:

Of all the "previous" generation trucks out there, 4th gen RAM's have actually been the least rusty. I've see TWO with rust not caused by damage.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I've been kinda holding back buying a new RAM knowing the 2500/3500's will go to the new body style soonish, and I don't want to buy a truck and it's the "old one" in a year... But them be hideous.

L5P here I come

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
So, does it have RAM across the tailgate it the tackiest way possible? If not, I am out.

ragingclue

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks a little like a Tundra to me. I'm wondering if the other grilles might make it look better.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
I dont like it but want to see the color matched version so I can say I dont like it either

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I don't hate it but I see no reason to upgrade. I think the upper trim levels will look better though. The interior is awesome.

Out of all the new half tons I think the redesigned Chevy looks the best even though it's a lot more boy racer. We still haven't see the GMC though and the refreshed F-150 looks terrible.

I'm just more pissed I didn't hold out for a sport or rebel when I bought mine since I'll be keeping it a while.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
But does it say ram on the tailgate in giant letters

torquelover

Reaction score
If you told me it was the next gen Tundra I'd believe you. Looks very Asian somehow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom