🔧 BUILD Dasfinc doing dumb things

General Information

4 months later; a thing happened today.

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So it's offically been just over a year since I took delivery of my Tesla Model Y Performance.

14,000 miles have passed, and about 5125 kwh have been consumed, which is equivalent to 92MPGe.

For perspective, that is around half of kwh at an average home consumes; and my power bill has has reflected this as expected, but 'energy cost' alone (so Gas Vs. Fuel), it has cut my average cost per mile by 75%+

The car will still tear the doors off of damn near anything on the road, and has taken my daughter to school happily, handled Ikea and home depot runs without issue, and had multiple out of state road trips with ease.

It continues to have new features introduced via over the air software updates. Most recently, my heated steering wheel now has multiple settings.

There has been zero maintenance, zero hiicups, and the only gas station visits are for snacks and drinks....

Lots of people ask me for feedback in regards to "What car to buy", and My answer has been the same for nearly 2 decades; Buy the nicest Honda or Toyota you can afford.

With the current federal incentives and pricing, my response has changed for those with sufficent budget and a home where they can install Level 2 charging

That all being said, we have a MAMMOTH Infrastructure problem on the horizon, and EV's are still only for a pretty specific group of people in my opinion (middle class home owner); and I for one am excited to see what the future brings.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
That all being said, we have a MAMMOTH Infrastructure problem on the horizon, and EV's are still only for a pretty specific group of people in my opinion (middle class home owner); and I for one am excited to see what the future brings.
vehicles that use CCS have a massive infrastructure problem. Teslas are fine. People also think they need 40 amp charging minimum but I used 20 amps for the first year I had my Tesla and it wasn’t an issue whatsoever. I still got 15 miles/hr at 20 amps.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
18,000 miles on this thing now; the roof got cracked from the Tornado we had a few weeks ago; $1750, honestly not as bad as I expected.

Also, Tesla service centers are still kinda garbage, which is unfortunate... After replacing the roof, there was a collection of shattered glass in the wipers and generally on the front and rear of the car that they didn't bother vacuuming or wiping up... Also someone glued quite a bit of their hair into the roof also... They sorted it all out after, but still just annoying that they are still 'working through' shit like this as a supposid luxury marquee...

Flip-side, my tires are still wearing well, at 18,000 of spirited and highway driving, it doesn't seem to be wearing abnormally or too quickly which I know has been a common complaint on MYP's.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Dasfinc Dasfinc you still enjoying this car? How many kids do you cart around? We only have two and wont be having anymore, but my wife does love the practicality of her minivan, so hoping she wont hate an suv.
Dasfinc Dasfinc has never hated a single thing he has ever owned ever in the history of ever.

Thread Info