🔧 BUILD Dasfinc doing dumb things

General Information

4 months later; a thing happened today.

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Supercharging was about the most “uneventful” experience of my life, pulled up, plugged it in, played Fallout Shelter for 15 minutes, left with 168 more miles of range.

Math puts it about 1/4 the cost of gas per mile, should be 1/8th the price if I strictly charge at home.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Supercharging was about the most “uneventful” experience of my life, pulled up, plugged it in, played Fallout Shelter for 15 minutes, left with 168 more miles of range.

Math puts it about 1/4 the cost of gas per mile, should be 1/8th the price if I strictly charge at home.
You used a v2 supercharger? You gotta see it on a v3. Wayyyy faster

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
nah, might as well keep the ranger for yer casket when she finds you racing the tesla
She’s assuming I’ll get a ticket in the first month of ownership.

I suppose it’s no surprise I found if you put the car in “Chill” mode, it calms down radically, so I’ve left it there for when not driving like a tool.

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
how long before you drop the ranger sheetmetal onto the tesla skate.

when you run joe and walk him ....

at least you can do him a favor and yank the motor from the camino so its husk and your ranger can get crushed together
Joe hasn’t even acknowledged the car exists yet and it’s been in his driveway. That’s ok, I know Tesla is not his Jam.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
They stretched some thin rubber bands over those wheels.

CRAZY wide too; 255width front, 275 rear A/S now up from 235/255 summer rubber when I ordered the car.

Dont know how I missed this.

Surprised to see you get a Tesla :rofl:

Congrats

In all seriousness, Sept? Oct? last year I had a ride-along event in the F-150 Lightning I had pre-ordered when I realized basically that all the parts, blood, sweat, tears, wouldn't touch anything EV wise from a performance perspective.... Let alone capacity or efficiency. I went home, sold everything, and then test drove Mach E GT and Model Y and placed an order by the first week of Nov.

Reactions: blue-sun

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Love it.

Did you sell the camper? Or is this capable of towing it? I know you'd mentioned selling the truck.

Still have the camper; the Tesla is only rated for 3500 (I did pay for the hitch/tow package) which isn't enough.

This next season we intend to just pull the camper out to the in-laws farm in Galesburg and leave it there for the season so we can just drive out there on weekends to camp. They've offered to pull the camper down for us, so the truck sitting around burning insurance and registration dollars doesn't make sense for a year given its value.

We are considering buying a single axle ultralight that the Tesla could tow, but not until values come back down to earth again.

Reactions: Outlaw

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Still have the camper; the Tesla is only rated for 3500 (I did pay for the hitch/tow package) which isn't enough.

This next season we intend to just pull the camper out to the in-laws farm in Galesburg and leave it there for the season so we can just drive out there on weekends to camp. They've offered to pull the camper down for us, so the truck sitting around burning insurance and registration dollars doesn't make sense for a year given its value.

We are considering buying a single axle ultralight that the Tesla could tow, but not until values come back down to earth again.

If need be, you're better off renting a truck from enterprise commercial if you're going to do a trip. $100ish a day and you can negotiate unlimited mileage in as well.

Reactions: Dasfinc

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
CRAZY wide too; 255width front, 275 rear A/S now up from 235/255 summer rubber when I ordered the car.

In all seriousness, Sept? Oct? last year I had a ride-along event in the F-150 Lightning I had pre-ordered when I realized basically that all the parts, blood, sweat, tears, wouldn't touch anything EV wise from a performance perspective.... Let alone capacity or efficiency. I went home, sold everything, and then test drove Mach E GT and Model Y and placed an order by the first week of Nov.
Oh yeah if you are going 100% electric, Tesla still sits pretty much at the top, even with the build quality issues.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Oh yeah if you are going 100% electric, Tesla still sits pretty much at the top, even with the build quality issues.

I didn't mention in this thread; but yes, I test drove a Mach-E GT, which is pretty much the only head-to-head competitor to the Y Performance, and it was an excellent car, make no mistake, but it is VERY clear Tesla has a 10 year head start....

My car honestly seems pretty flawless minus the pillar camera shenanigans, I'm REALLY pleased with it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So closing out 2 week update; Car is still an absolute missile.

Service visit fixed the windshield sprayers that weren’t working (connection wasn’t fully seated and had backed out). It’s going back tomorrow for the mirror defect from delivery (blemish, probably from the car transporter)

Looking forward to playing Sonic the Hedge Hog when the car takes its next update, looks like they may also enable its electronically heated windshield via software (haven’t checked to see if mine has the wires for it yet).

Autopilot is just fantastic, I drove to the city and back with maybe 2 minutes of actual “engagement” through rush hour dropping off a customer.

Soft math on “energy cost” is 8-10X better than the truck which is just silly, and does line up with the EPA estimate. But if fuel prices continue to rocket like they have this week it will be interesting to see how bad it gets.

I’m not looking forward to the first note I admit, and I admit I wish there was more “Theatre” when mashing the go pedal. I love the videos of the Plaid where the dash binnacle goes literally Plaid on launch, I hope they do something similar for the Performance cars like mine someday. Seeing “big” positive changes from the time I ordered my car to now has me pretty optimistic they will eventually do something like that.

Thread Info