• Haha
Reactions: Mr Baytchos

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Amazing show, I still feel that way. Final season was to me not really needed or at least in the way they did it. Episode 7 of season 3 was the worst of the entire series. Had zero point except to rehash where we have been and to reveal Adam which was never explained why he looked like a burn victim. I still have many questions. If Jonas wanted to fix the timeline without himself existing he could have just brought Mickel back and he would have ceased to exist. Loop broken right? They literally didn't need Martha's world. Like at all. Could have had the same impact without it. There was some other lazy writing like how do some of them exist in both the real world and the fake worlds? All the visual metaphors where really great this season. This show is obviously Bible and mythology based and I enjoyed it for the most part. First 2 seasons definitely had more intrigue and that was missed somewhat in season 3. When the 3rd world was introducedin the finale I was kinda pissed but worked out pretty well to be honest.

This is what I've got so far. Let's debate away

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The only reason this show had "religions" meanings is b/c Jonas and Martha were Adam and Eve of the split worlds. They gave birth to apparently.....everything? That still leaves me with some questions. Are they responsible for ALL life or just the lives of the main cast? If thats the case, Adam and Eve is a bit of a stretch.

As for the finale, the final scene takes place in the 80s.......does Urlich not exist? I'm a bit pissed with where his arc went...yes, he murdered a child but I still wanted to see him reunited with Katarina (or however you spell her) What about some of the other characters? The fact that Jonas still (will) exist tells me that things are still going to repeat themselves.

My biggest issue with season 3 was that they spent literally 8 hours just redoing the main storylines, just with different paths to get there. The season could have EASILY just been 4 or 5 episodes and been far more focused. This felt like they were required to make 8 full length episodes and they had no idea how to fill them.

Every damn episode was the same thing...YOU NEED TO DO THIS TO SAVE THE WORLD! And then someone would show up and say NO DONT, YOU'VE BEEN LIED TO!! It got old very very fast.

The whole thing just felt too much.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And furthermore, despite some characters seemingly living, I feel like the bulk of the cast did not get a satisfying ending. Jonas and Martha basically shit on ALL of them and I got closure on none of them....w/ the exception of cunty Hannah.

I did like Helge killing Ulrich despite him being one of my favorite characters.

And this is a very very minor thing but it bothered me all 3 seasons that everyone was just totally cool with time travel and travelers.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Yes just infinite timelines is what i got out of that. Definitely should have been a shorter season. I agree they probably had a contract for 8 shows. Im guessing Ulrich was a fake created character. She said something along the lines of the real people would still exist in that real world. Jonas and Martha created everything in their worlds but not the real world. So they would be Adam and Eve of their respective worlds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info