Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh no doubt. The first season was flawless and most of s2 was as well. The concepts at play were outstanding and really thought provoking. Certain scenes even got me to shed a tear.

This show reminded me a lot of Lost, actually.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its A LOT of tv and the writers have even said they only had plans for 3 or 4 seasons but were pushed to extend it out...which is why it feels messy overall. Ive watched it all the way through maybe 4 times now.......looking past the fact that its network tv and there are a lot of filler episodes, its pretty much the only show in existence that makes me get very emotional during its final scenes every time.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So, finally finished all the seasons.

What a fucked up family tree. Like, I need a diagram to keep track of all this shit.

Overall, great show even if there were some issues.

That trailer scene was rough to watch in S3. The ending was about what I was expecting considering that they didn't really lie about it. Had some trouble with justifications for actions coming down to "just because it happened before".

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Let me start with I felt like as the last season went on the more it felt rushed yet drawn out. I think the reasoning for the other worlds was needed to show alternate timelines with and without key people and I’m ok with that part.

One of the lamest parts of the last season was their child. It made no sense to me as a character and I get the deflection of blaming the issue on their child but three versions of it has to go around murdering? Lame. I was kind of hoping it was going to actually be Tannhaus as the child but I was let down.

I also hated how fucked up they made people look, I think they felt it necessary just so we could keep track of where the fuck we were in the story but I feel like it made it just seem stupid.

There were some terrible character development and terrible follow thru on some interesting ones.

Bartoz, fuck that kid :rofl: His only point was to essentially have a kid (Noah) but also who cares? Noah didn’t need an explanation other than he was a kid from the 20’s originally.

Ulrich, he should of had more storyline near the end other than murdered in one time line (though I did like that part).

Egon, I thought the old version of him was pretty awesome and kind of wish he would of pieced more together before being murdered.

Charlotte (the cop), can someone ex
plain her origin? so she was Noah and Elizabeth’s daughter but I don’t get how she was then Elizabeth’s mother but ALSO became the Tannhaus cross dresser’s kid? This shit was confusing.

I’ll think of more in a bit

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I haven't read thru this thread, but apparently the theme song in this show is the same song they used in breaking bad when Gus Fring got all blowed up. I don't remember that, tho this song did sound oddly familiar to me when i first heard it, so maybe its in my brain somewhere. I really need to go thru breaking bad again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info