Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just finished season 2. I thought the first like 6 episodes were incredible.....and then the show just got a tad too convoluted with the time layers. They just kept adding it on and it was just one wtf after another. I get everything is connected to everything but fuck :rofl:

I still think the show it amazing but it really goes a bit off the rails at the end.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

This link helps organize things. I feel better about the finale now but I still feel they were trying to be just a tad too smart with everything.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And finished. I was not a fan of season 3 at all. The finale was acceptable I guess but even that just felt like a letdown. Season 1 was amazing tv. Season 2 started off the same way but I feel kind of fell apart....and while season 3's first episode had me excited, I felt like the writers clearly had no idea what they wanted to do.

I get that the whole theme of the show is that everything repeats for eternity, but it doesnt mean the final 8 episodes, which are already long by tv standards, have to literally repeat the first 2 seasons (more or less). I just felt like it just got too much and too ridiculous. The charm and mystery of season 1 was completely lost.

I think I'm going to be the minority on this, unfortunately. Season 1 and 2 drew out real emotions in me, season 3 just felt like I had to push to finish just so I can say I finished. Be curious what the rest of you think.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
another thing that bugs me... Why did old Jonas look like Darth Vader but no one else did? The reason given for why he looked like that was because he traveled so much and the human body wasnt built for it... But so did Claudia and Martha, for that matter. Seemed silly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info