Daily Driver Situation

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
Looking for some opinions of what some of you would do in my current situation. My current daily driver is a 2018 accord tourning. I went with the 1.5t to be better on fuel as I have the modded Tbird Supercoupe as the toy car, but probably should have just went with the 2.0T from the beginning. Last couple years the Tbird has had a ton of issues that I really don't have the time or money for lately. The lease on the accord is almost up which I wont be doing another lease. Just want a car and eventually no payments. I am looking to either get a 2.0 accord upgrade, or really liking a 2018 mustang gt premium. Both have about the same new tech stuff for the most part, so could care either way there. One is way faster than the other, but one question is would a slightly modded 2.0 accord be enough fun for me? I already have a ktuner for it. Work is a 7 mile 12 to 15 minute drive, so that brings up another question of is that even enough of a drive to want a mustang over an accord. The final thing is the mustang will be more expensive. I go the accord route I then can put money towards the TBird somewhere in the near future. Almost forgot about winters. Accord would be better there, but with a 7 mile drive I could survive winters with the rain/snow mode and winter tires. I can always uber or something on those really bad days. Really rare I would have more than 1 other person in car with me so the sedan vs coupe isn't a factor either. I am sure I left a couple key details out, but what you all think?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
If you're turning up the 2.0T with a tune, I'd honestly lean that way because you already have a fast car. Have seen low 13-second slips with a few mods. They handle exceptionally sharp for a mid-size sedan, and the adaptive shocks give it nice ride adjustability, though all lean toward the stiff side. Add in some summer tires and it would be a decent ripper. I find them proficient beyond their class for handling.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If you're turning up the 2.0T with a tune, I'd honestly lean that way because you already have a fast car. Have seen low 13-second slips with a few mods. They handle exceptionally sharp for a mid-size sedan, and the adaptive shocks give it nice ride adjustability, though all lean toward the stiff side. Add in some summer tires and it would be a decent ripper. I find them proficient beyond their class for handling.
annnnd now I'm into accords.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
Iā€™d vote mustang but I bet you fall in love with that over the t bird.....at least for a bit.

You are right on that one. The goal here is to have both a daily driver with all of today's tech on it, and have something that is fast. The Tbird is fun and all, but cant drive it in the winter, and summer its too hot and it gets uncomfortable inside car. AC doesn't really work. This time around I want the best of both worlds and the Tbird can be the classic car I take out once in awhile. Since being spoiled with today's tech, its really hard not having it all. I think I want the stang more, but I wont be upset with the accord either. It will more than likely come down to price. Accord will be a bit cheaper, but if I find the right stang for the right price, I will hop on that.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
You are right on that one. The goal here is to have both a daily driver with all of today's tech on it, and have something that is fast. The Tbird is fun and all, but cant drive it in the winter, and summer its too hot and it gets uncomfortable inside car. AC doesn't really work. This time around I want the best of both worlds and the Tbird can be the classic car I take out once in awhile. Since being spoiled with today's tech, its really hard not having it all. I think I want the stang more, but I wont be upset with the accord either. It will more than likely come down to price. Accord will be a bit cheaper, but if I find the right stang for the right price, I will hop on that.

I don't think you'll get bored with the T-bird if you buy a new Mustang. I have a '12 Boss 302 that's 100% stock and a couple of fox bodies. The Boss 302 is fun and great for long drives, but my '90 Mustang always puts a bigger smile on my face. I appreciate both cars for different reasons even though the newer one will run circles around the older one in every performance aspect.

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I don't think you'll get bored with the T-bird if you buy a new Mustang. I have a '12 Boss 302 that's 100% stock and a couple of fox bodies. The Boss 302 is fun and great for long drives, but my '90 Mustang always puts a bigger smile on my face. I appreciate both cars for different reasons even though the newer one will run circles around the older one in every performance aspect.

My cousin actually just bought a really nice kept fox body a few days ago. Rode in it today. There is no replacement for the sound of that 5.0. His car really makes me want to get the Tbird issues taken care of now. I think the older cars that are in nice condition turn more heads than the new stuff as everyone has new stuff now and you don't see the older ones as much anymore. That and the Tbird was the first car I bough on my own with no help and has went from stock to where it is today so it is going nowhere. Also the Tbird SC's are really getting rare to see now, never as common as mustangs, camaros, vettes, ect....

I still need to make a choice with the daily situation in the near future. So I have time to really think it out. Thanks for all the comments and opinions everyone, keep em coming.

Bob Kazamakis

Iā€™m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
These are two completely different cars and man they both seem respectively like a good option.

Mustang will be quick but could be a rabbit hole and mod it up too much.

Manual accord sounds fun as is and a tune sounds like it wakes it up. Really wonā€™t be taking it too far more than likely either.

hmmmm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info