• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

da' laws Marauder

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I just took the time to re-read this entire thread and all I can say is another awesome job by you Zack! How many lb's boost? Also did the single 400lph pump work out & with no BAP? & if so any room left with that pump for more power? I absolutely love were you mounted the F pressure regulator that is perfect.

The single 400 was all we used. It did drop FP up top but didnt go below 44psi.
It didnt do nearly what I thought it would with 93 octane, due to the 10:1 compression and 16psi. (it would only take 10 degrees of timing.) However, the torque curve was flat nasty with both fuels. Peaked at 3000rpm and stayed the same the entire run.

The car picked up 100rwhp with E85.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
The single 400 was all we used. It did drop FP up top but didnt go below 44psi.
It didnt do nearly what I thought it would with 93 octane, due to the 10:1 compression and 16psi. (it would only take 10 degrees of timing.) However, the torque curve was flat nasty with both fuels. Peaked at 3000rpm and stayed the same the entire run.

The car picked up 100rwhp with E85.

I wish we had an E85 option in the South. Thats impressive!

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
You really got a good gain with E85! Only 10* timing on pump gas thats kinda a kicker. I have been kicking around the thought of maybe switching to E85 when I install the new SB/TB & SB plenum & upgrade my fuel to return style. Just need to discuss with you what I will need in the way of pump/pumps I dont really want to go any external pumps. Also I have wandered what is E85 like in winter months? Do they change it to a winter blend? Anyhow another kickass job Zack! Kudos.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Nice #'s!

I'd be looking at a meth injection setup so you can run pump gas and make the big #'s.
I'm a big believer in it, used to run my GN(TE-63, Champion irons, billet roller, etc...) at 23-24lbs on 91 and an SMC kit when straight pump would only allow 12-13 before KR crept in.

You really got a good gain with E85! Only 10* timing on pump gas thats kinda a kicker. I have been kicking around the thought of maybe switching to E85 when I install the new SB/TB & SB plenum & upgrade my fuel to return style. Just need to discuss with you what I will need in the way of pump/pumps I dont really want to go any external pumps. Also I have wandered what is E85 like in winter months? Do they change it to a winter blend? Anyhow another kickass job Zack! Kudos.

They do change concentration in winter months, higher concentrations can be a bitch to get lit in colder weather so they thin it down a bit more.
There are test kits available to test the % when you fill up.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Nice #'s!

I'd be looking at a meth injection setup so you can run pump gas and make the big #'s.
I'm a big believer in it, used to run my GN(TE-63, Champion irons, billet roller, etc...) at 23-24lbs on 91 and an SMC kit when straight pump would only allow 12-13 before KR crept in.

They do change concentration in winter months, higher concentrations can be a bitch to get lit in colder weather so they thin it down a bit more.
There are test kits available to test the % when you fill up.

Talked to a few Mustang guys in my area last night at a cruise who run E85 Like you mention Jon they all have test kits due to variances Ethanol percentages They also said they have gotten to know what stations consistently have higher blend winter or summer. They also said there are a few stations they have seen as low as 68-69% Ethanol in winter months but most good stations no lower then 76-78% Ethanol winter months. I agree Meth is a very good option. But I think it also adds a few more things that can fail etc. Iam liking the E85 option myself within the past 3yrs alot of stations around me started carrying it. My main concern is what effect this years drought is gonna have on it. Most farmers I know say we wont see the full effect until next spring when everyone is needing it (corn) for various reasons (cattle,hog feed, etc)

Either way I need to redo my entire fuel system & Iam looking closely into this option.

QWK MERC

Jun 2, 2008
Not until I send in the Procharger unit for a fix. Seems a internal seal wasn't seated properly on the rebuild so there is a minor leak. May give you a call to lend a hand when it I get around to sending it out.

NICE guys! Just now getting a chance to check in. E85 hmmm.

So when is the track numbers gonna be posted Jeff? I need a new goal. ��

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Talked to a few Mustang guys in my area last night at a cruise who run E85 Like you mention Jon they all have test kits due to variances Ethanol percentages They also said they have gotten to know what stations consistently have higher blend winter or summer. They also said there are a few stations they have seen as low as 68-69% Ethanol in winter months but most good stations no lower then 76-78% Ethanol winter months. I agree Meth is a very good option. But I think it also adds a few more things that can fail etc. Iam liking the E85 option myself within the past 3yrs alot of stations around me started carrying it. My main concern is what effect this years drought is gonna have on it. Most farmers I know say we wont see the full effect until next spring when everyone is needing it (corn) for various reasons (cattle,hog feed, etc)

Either way I need to redo my entire fuel system & Iam looking closely into this option.

A good meth kit will communicate with you - my SMC kit was new in 03 and had all sorts of warnings, low level, low pressure, etc...so you would know if it's about out of juice and if it's not spraying when it should be.

Not sure how it'd work with your Whipple, but it's a much better option than being tied to E85 IMO.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
A good meth kit will communicate with you - my SMC kit was new in 03 and had all sorts of warnings, low level, low pressure, etc...so you would know if it's about out of juice and if it's not spraying when it should be.

Not sure how it'd work with your Whipple, but it's a much better option than being tied to E85 IMO.

I think it would work well with my blower, Bobby Steigimeier does alot of GT500 with meth & some awesome numbers. He was after me for along time to put a snow kit on my 03 Vortech MM cause I was always complaining about the quality of 93 octane. I know exactly what youre saying though on being tied to the E85 as that was the main reason I didnt do it originally, But considering I dont road trip this one hardly at all has got me toying with the Idea. On another note I really wish you had bought my 03 it was truely a awesome car Zack would vouch for that not to mention telling me I was a fool for selling it Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info