D-Day, 75 years

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Land of the free, BECAUSE of the brave.

Thank you all who served.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Can't even imagine the badassery it took for those dudes to run out of those boats like that! Fuckin epic legendary badasses!

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
my grandpa hit normandy beach on d-day. he was 2nd wave in. never wanted to talk about it. i can't begin to imagine what he saw.

:usa:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
These men have bigger balls than anyone IMO.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
James Doohan from Star Trek was at D-Day. He lost his finger there, took 4 to the leg and 1 to the chest.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I was up to watch it live from france.
As a guy that was proud to serve, and admitted many times I did absolutely nothing to save our country from harm,
I admit I had tears in my eyes watching those TRUE Hero's sitting there, and hearing their stories.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
One of the woke persons on my FB feed posted this article arguing that we should not be celebrating D-Day, and doing so is just another example of toxic masculinity! Another great piece by TIME

http://time.com/5303229/women-after-d-day/

They called it the*épuration sauvage,*the wild purge, because it was spontaneous and unofficial. But, yes, it was savage, too. In the weeks and months following the*D-Day landings of June 6, 1944, Allied troops and the resistance swept across France liberating towns and villages, and unleashing a flood of collective euphoria, relief and hope. And then the punishments began.

The suspicion and punishment of women after World War II is part of a cycle of repression and sexism that began long before D-Day and continues to be seen today, in the conversation around the #MeToo movement. It begins with a terrible event, then women get blamed, then aggressively attacked and finally the assault is forgotten. In the 74 years since the D-Day landings, the barbarity of the*épuration sauvage*— its violence against women — has often been overlooked. As I learned more about these women, their stories and images haunted me, compelling me to write about them. The result is my novel,*The Lost Vintage, which features a character accused of horizontal collaboration.

It is time to ask why these women paid the price for the sins of men. It is time to recognize that these women, too, were the victims of sexual harassment and assault. It is time to remove their story from the shadows, and share it in an effort to stop the cycle from continuing. It happened to them, too.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
One of the woke persons on my FB feed posted this article arguing that we should not be celebrating D-Day, and doing so is just another example of toxic masculinity! Another great piece by TIME

What Happened to Women in France After D-Day in 1944 | Time
Ummm, there were plenty of women who did terrible things. It also ignores the millions of women killed by the Germans and ultimately by the Soviets as well through various means.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
my grandpa hit normandy beach on d-day. he was 2nd wave in. never wanted to talk about it. i can't begin to imagine what he saw.

:usa:
My grandfather was the same way. He was in the Pacific Islands. He stormed the beaches of the Isle of Leyte. He passed away in October of 2017. He never spoke of the war and deflected any time it was brought up. When I was in high school he gave me some books to read about the war, rather than telling me about it.

They truly we're the greatest generation.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Some men are POS.
They can be true Hero's when called upon, and then be a POS that hurts women, children, dogs etc after.
It wasn't right, but some people did abuse collaborators, some of them were POS criminals,
some were just trying to feed them self & their families in a zero win situation :(

The same as the Founding Fathers that owned slaves.
By the 1770's human beings were advanced well beyond the point of knowing slavery was despicable.
I still say we should have been even back during the Pharaohs, but that's a different discussion!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom