🔧 BUILD DĂ©jĂ  vu C6 Style....Here we go again

General Information

Back in November of 2015, I was court ordered to liquidate my 2006 Z51 C6 to pay my ex-wife's legal fees. The only thing that softened that blow it was the fact it was going to a good home to a forum member.

I then lost my job, took a massive pay cut, got slaughtered in the divorce settlement and went without any car for quite some time.

Since then, I managed to claw out of the crater I was personally and professionally.....and this weekend, I did something I have wanted to do since the day that C6 left my ownership.

Last Saturday, I was able to buy back my old car in the exact shape it was in when I sold it.

Below is what's currently in the car:
PRC Stage 2.5 heads
Vararam CAI
Ported FAST 102 intake
Comp Cams Spinmonster 230/234 .612(XFI)/.598(XER) 114 + 2 LSA
SLP Underdrive pulley
Yank 3600 stall
Kooks 1 7/8” Longtube headers
Kooks catted X pipe
Corsa Sport Exhaust

Plan is to throw Z06 quarters on it and drive the piss out of it!!!!!!

Shitty weather means no good pics....but since nothing has changed, here's some shots from 2015.
D71_2311.jpg

image_zpsb444a8d2.jpg
IMG_1661.jpg
IMG_3008.JPG

Small idle clip

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Exactly my point.

While I have been in critical facilities since the mid 90s, I graduate a Ford certified tech and spent the first several years of my career as a tech in a Ford dealership.

I know about the industry a bit lol
He said having the car dead on the lift wouldn't be a big deal. What point are you making ?

• Haha
Reactions: SRT41320

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
You do realize that pulling the trans in a C5/6/7 means the car is stuck on the rack right?

The entire rear cradle has to be dropped.
Technically no, I could drop it, give you the trans, put the cradle back, and push that junk back outside :dunno:

And I was saying if I let your car die on my rack, I have a new rack going up so they would cancel each other out at the moment... no harm no foul...

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Technically no, I could drop it, give you the trans, put the cradle back, and push that junk back outside :dunno:

And I was saying if I let your car die on my rack, I have a new rack going up so they would cancel each other out at the moment... no harm no foul...
Junk? Outside?

What the fuck?

I'm reporting you for cruel treatment of a Corvette.

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
Hi, my name is Carl, and I'm much more better at building transmissions than I am at office/phone work sometimes.

On a completely unrelated topic, Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 and I made some nice talkings today, and we finnagonna un-6L-problem his 6L. Also, car looks beautiful, and I'm very much looking forward to putting my touch on it. Apologies for the difficulty in getting you booked in...between being slammed, and some staffing issues, I think it'll be worth the wait for you!

Huggerorange73

Big government pro Russian dude AKA Comrade Mike
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Hi, my name is Carl, and I'm much more better at building transmissions than I am at office/phone work sometimes.

On a completely unrelated topic, Huggerorange73 Huggerorange73 and I made some nice talkings today, and we finnagonna un-6L-problem his 6L. Also, car looks beautiful, and I'm very much looking forward to putting my touch on it. Apologies for the difficulty in getting you booked in...between being slammed, and some staffing issues, I think it'll be worth the wait for you!
I didn't want anyone else but you doing the work Carl@Redline Carl@Redline so it's worth the wait.

Wish I could have yanked it out at home, but that wasn't going to happen.

All that matters is it's gonna get fixed and be better than ever!

JBruno88

TCG Elite Member
Apr 3, 2014
Carol Stream, IL
I didn't want anyone else but you doing the work Carl@Redline Carl@Redline so it's worth the wait.

Wish I could have yanked it out at home, but that wasn't going to happen.

All that matters is it's gonna get fixed and be better than ever!

You will be a happy customer, I know I am. Carl has done nothing but take care of me no questions asked!

Thread Info