Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

CDK Global, a company that provides auto dealerships across the U.S. with software for managing sales and other services, has been hacked, prompting the company to temporarily shut down most of its systems.

That is effectively preventing about 15,000 car dealerships from making sales. General Motors dealerships rely on CDK's systems, as does Group 1 Automotive, an auto retailer with hundreds of dealerships across the U.S. Holman, with dealerships across eight U.S. states, is another CDK client.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
The Beast The Beast in shambles right now
Relaxing Woody Harrelson GIF by Zombieland

331stang

Regular
Aug 14, 2011
Yep ,my work cant deliver finished vehicles, cant take any payments ,order parts , write estimates, I can't even add some of my finished jobs to my payroll that I needed to add ,was told it will have to go onto my next weeks , assuming it's fixed, it was still down when I left work tonight, not happy about it but nothing I can do but wait

Reactions: Jimbo

frank

TCG Blue
TCG Premium

CDK Global, a company that provides auto dealerships across the U.S. with software for managing sales and other services, has been hacked, prompting the company to temporarily shut down most of its systems.

That is effectively preventing about 15,000 car dealerships from making sales. General Motors dealerships rely on CDK's systems, as does Group 1 Automotive, an auto retailer with hundreds of dealerships across the U.S. Holman, with dealerships across eight U.S. states, is another CDK client.
What’s scary is that CDK is part of ADP a huge company for payroll management and ADP does a good amount of work with the government agency’s… so was it just easy to start with cdk division before they hit the payroll side of things?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
What’s scary is that CDK is part of ADP a huge company for payroll management and ADP does a good amount of work with the government agency’s… so was it just easy to start with cdk division before they hit the payroll side of things?
Wanting to say dealer services had segregated infra back in the day but that was a long time ago.

frank

TCG Blue
TCG Premium
Wanting to say dealer services had segregated infra back in the day but that was a long time ago.
Most likely, but still too close to home for the payroll sector, if hackers got into government information they could steal personal information that would be a mess.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Most likely, but still too close to home for the payroll sector, if hackers got into government information they could steal personal information that would be a mess.
Think about how much info is there if they handle financials even without payroll......

Reactions: frank

Thread Info