Custom Hood?

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
TOTAL long shot I know, but I'm going to get some body work done to my ranger in the not too distant future, and there are no aftermarket hoods available that offer additional clearance for the S/C Pulley for my blower so I just have an area cut out in the support that allows it to clear...

Would you guys feel comfortable with taking a crack at building some form of fiberglass scoop/bulge? (And maybe doing the fiberglass repair work on the bed that I need done prior to paint?)

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
Super Moderator
Reaction score
maybe you should just cut a hole and have that wicked pulley sticking out of the hood

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Reaction score
*Edit* Nevermind. Your's is 98+.

what TonzKnock-G said.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
the picture Tonz posted is the only aftermarket 98+ Ranger hood available, and it offers no extra clearance toward the front of the motor bay.

The other option is to get an "Edge" hood which has a bit of a factory cowl, but I suspect it will still need some trimming... I'd rather get a scoop fabbed/welded, but I'm not skilled, nor do I have the equipment to do that.

*Edge hood*

*My hood style*

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
They make fiberglass ones too....I assumed an old ass truck would have a steel hood.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
They make fiberglass ones too....I assumed an old ass truck would have a steel hood.
98+ Rangers are fairly drastically different than most other compact trucks of 'its era'

Regardless, the point of the thread was to see if goodfellas would be willing to install/fab a scoop etc.

Junk86

I'm here now.
Reaction score
I'm going to have to decline as doing any sort of bodywork, I'm limited in space. I just can't do it here. I'm doing our vette, but that is the exception. Sorry man.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
I'm going to have to decline as doing any sort of bodywork, I'm limited in space. I just can't do it here. I'm doing our vette, but that is the exception. Sorry man.
No worries!!!

Thank you again to Marty (If you aren't Marty) for the Trans shop recommendation, Going to drop off the Exploder this weekend!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom