3800 Cubs Suck

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Got to get Zambrano and the bullpen figured out...

It's funny... the pitchers we thought were going to be questionable (hill, lilly, marquis) are pitching shut-out ball while our ace is struggling (yet his ego isn't).

This is a team built for power and since it's cold the wind's blowing in leading to a lot of fly-outs that could be homeruns. Once it's warmer and the bullpen is sorted through they're going to be just fine.

What's refreshing to see is that Piniella has been rotating players all over the place to see who's good at what. He's not afraid to make changes.

I

imported_Diavolo

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
Come on, their has been no Cubs vs Sox threads yet.

20 games in and the Cubs are looking as good as ever.
[/b]
YER KIDDING RIGHT??????????????
Cubs are 7-12 right now......Sout'Siders are 10-8 :unsure:
[/b][/quote]

That's what I was thinking, but "I think this is there year!" :lolsign:
[/b][/quote]

Sarcasm. :lolsign: I love the Cubs but they SUCK. They had the lead off man on today like 5 or 6 times and got 0 runs (didn't watch the 9th so I don't know the final score, but it was 4 - 0 after the 8th)

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
This will be the year that the Cubbies win the world series!!

If not then there's always next year. . :p
[/b]
isn't next year the 100th Anniversary of the Cubs NOT winning a World Series? :lol: :lolsign: hahaha
[/b][/quote]
yeah good or bad, next year the Cubs will make history!
[/b][/quote]

YEP!!! MLBs worst team for the past 100 years! hehe

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
This will be the year that the Cubbies win the world series!!

If not then there's always next year. . :p
[/b]
isn't next year the 100th Anniversary of the Cubs NOT winning a World Series? hahaha
[/b][/quote]

Grrr... Cant you come up with something better than that??? :lolsign:
[/b][/quote]
no because I know it bugs the heck out of you and other Cubs fans LOL :p

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Prior's not really a surprise nor is Wood. The difference is that they didn't build the team relying on these two to come back. You hope for the best but when it comes to Prior and Wood you pretty much know what to expect.

It's ashame too because they're both great pitchers. I can't imagine how frustrated either of them are when you consider the careers they could have had.

The bigger question is what is this a product of? I was never a fan of Rothschild being brought back. If you're going to fire everyone and start with a new staff that should cover everyone, especially the pitching coach who's methods have been questioned. Who's to blame? Prior? Wood? or Rothschild and Baker? Is Carlos next?

This team's going to hit. Unless Sorianno and Lee just both lost their stuff they're going to hit. It's not that they aren't hitting; it's that their not getting the clutch hits and they're bullpen is blowing save after save. The bullpen is 1 - 8 now in games that have less than a two point spread. That's embarrassing for a bullpen that was considered one of the best in the league just last year.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
That reminds me of this news clip I took out of the Onion that I have posted on my board at work. :lol:

Disabled List offers Mark Prior Two-Year, 8 Million Extension.

CHICAGO- Mark Prior, the right handed pitcher who has spent the first few years of his carreer on the disabled list, is now considering accepting a recent two-year, 8 million offer fromt he DL that would keep him not playing through the 2008 season.

:lol: :lol:

I took this clip out about 1 1/2 years ago. Which makes it even funnier. For those who are not familiar with the onion paper they also have a website. theonion.com

OH YEAH CUBS SUCK!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info