CT5-V anyone?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27156309/cadillac-ct5-v-future-performance-sedan/

It's all but confirmed that a V version of the new Cadillac CT5 sedan is in the cards. During a media presentation, Cadillac product marketing director Jason Sledziewski alluded to the idea that a high-performance variant of the new sedan is forthcoming. He also said that sedans are an important part of Cadillac's business because they allow it to continue building a reputation for performance-oriented vehicles like the outgoing ATS-V and CTS-V.

Cadillac's V lineup is lacking in terms of product these days: the ATS-V and CTS-V ended production, and the V-8–powered CT6-V, which was originally planned as a V-Sport model, doesn't seem to have gotten the full performance treatment like its forebears.

While Cadillac said that it isn't ready to talk about the potential CT5-V's engine, the company's Blackwing twin-turbo 4.2-liter V-8, which is already in the CT6-V, seems like the most logical choice. In the CT6-V, it makes 550 horsepower and 627 lb-ft of torque, which would blow vehicles like the 444-hp BMW M3 and the 503-hp Mercedes-AMG C63 S out of the water. It's also possible the CT5-V could use an upgraded version of the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 that's already offered in the standard CT5; it makes just 335 horsepower in the CT5, but this same engine produces 404 horsepower in the CT6, so it's possible that Cadillac could tune it for a high-performance application. We can assume that a CT5-V would also benefit from a stiffer suspension setup, upgraded brakes, and extra visual aggression to set it apart.

We look forward to hearing more from Cadillac about the CT5-V when the company is ready to officially acknowledge its existence in the near future.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
WTF is that? The rear doors have 2 pieces of glass I get it nearly all sedans do but that rear piece looks way out of place and IIRC that piece on the roof pillar isnt a window at all its just a giant goofy shaped piece of trim.

I cant look at the side profile of this car without cringing.

Looks like its trying to be a Nissan Maxima or a Toyota Camry with that goofy rear pillar design. Sadly the Nissan and Toyota look way better than that disaster!! 2020-cadillac-ct5-205-1555184778.jpeg

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
What I dont get is why would you even attempt to use a styling cue or design from appliance like cars of the damn Camry and Maxima on a freaking Cadillac thats supposed to be a luxury car?

Poor designs like that are EXACTLY why Cadillac cant shake their "Old Man Brand" stigma!

I mean lets be honest Genesis G70 is a better looking sedan than that!

Yes Im saying Hyundai has a better looking sedan than Cadillac.:chair:

:io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info