• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Crv recall, woops

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Reaction score
Weird it's a software fix that's getting rolled out to certain states................... I wouldn't want to be the test subject for that.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
imma keep an eye on this

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
why no civic recall in USA, but in CA and China Civic getting the same recall.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Honda has posted a video on YouTube that tries to explain the oil-dilution problem. The video says that, under certain circumstances, fuel injectors can spray gasoline inside their engine cylinders that sticks to the cylinder walls and isn’t fully combusted. The gasoline then can drip into the crankcase and mix with the engine oil.
To me this doesn't seem like a "software problem" unless they reduce injector PW's down substantially or redesign the injector to not spray in such a broad pattern and concentrate it in the center of the combustion chamber.

Secondly, wouldn't this also say that the rings aren't doing their job?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
“We continue to recommend the model,” Fisher says. “It’s only a tiny fraction of CR-V owners that are experiencing oil dilution. But for those owners who are, it’s a very serious issue.”

aint worried.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
meanwhile f150s seatbelts potentially light the truck on fire during an accident :rofl:

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I wonder how this puts the engine in to limp mode, as stated in the article.

The article failed to mention that having too much gas in the oil long-term will wipe your bearings out and require engine replacement. That'd be my biggest concern

I also don't understand how they'll fix this with a software update

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wonder how this puts the engine in to limp mode, as stated in the article.

The article failed to mention that having too much gas in the oil long-term will wipe your bearings out and require engine replacement. That'd be my biggest concern

I also don't understand how they'll fix this with a software update
if you read the article it also says part of the air conditioner will be replaced... soooo :rofl:

I thought my dad was joking when he told me about that one :rofl:

i recognize the ford recall envelopes from a mile away lately :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom