• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Crownvic.net Account

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Any of you guys have a crownvic.net account. I don't really want to post anything, just read the body of knowledge articles? Maybe if someone isn't using their account, you can lend me the username and password?? Apparently the guy that runs it is sick, and waits months and months to activate accounts. I tried to register a few months back, and have yet to get an activation :fu:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
What are you running exhaust wise? Was planning on having daturbo weld in some 50-series Deltas and cut out the secondary cats. Was just concerned that it would be too drony on the highway.

Was planning on grabbing a stock throttle body and elbow from a boneyard, and doing a little light porting of the elbow, and polishing both up. Not really interested in going with a BBK unit, too expensive and really not interested in the slight performance gains it could gain.

Want to also get a Trac Lok carrier, currently have 3.27 open. Still deciding whether I want to try and pick out a used unit, or pay the $230 on a new unit.

Maybe next spring, get an Xcal and a tune from Lonnie.

But IDK how much money I want to dump into it. It's a solid car, for sure, but it's never going to be the toy car I would want.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
I'm running Stainless Works long tubes with all cats removed to 2.5inch manual cutouts to custom 2.5 H pipe all the way back to either flowmaster or magnaflows. Forget what they are exactly. It has a hell of a rumble to it without really being too bad as far as drone goes at least to me. But that's not exactly a cheap exhaust system sadly.

I know the older ones that weren't electronically controlled people were able to use larger OEM throttle bodies from other cars. Search on CVN to see if they're finding the electronic OEM ones that they can bolt right on from JYs yet. If not possibly just keep your eyes peeled for a used upgraded unit.

You should be able to find a good used trac lok for fairly cheap if you want to keep costs down.

A tune really wakes these cars up. If the car already doesn't have it done maybe look into doing a JMOD. It just costs the tranny fluid, filter, and drill bits and is actually good for the transmission. It was created by one of the guys that worked with the cars and transmissions at Ford. They kept stepping up the holes slowly over the years getting more fluid flowing but they didn't open it up as much as a JMOD does.

They can be fun toys for cheap for whatever you want with them if your good with your hands. It's a very cheap platform to buy if your looking to swap an engine you can buy one for under a grand with a blown motor. Do some work and drop in an LS engine (unless you want to spend the $ on building a Mod motor). There's a couple people that did that. And you have the budget seeing as you spent so little on the car. A guy in Canada is modifying them for a drift school he works with to be used as drift cars and I've heard others talk about the desire to drift them. People autocross them quite a bit and they actually can do pretty well from what I hear if you do the right suspension modifications.

It's really an interesting platform. Like I said depending on what people want they can get them for dirt cheap and have a budget to build an interesting toy or spend more for a solid one and just have a reliable comfortable DD that if you ever need any parts for you can find in an instant going to almost any junkyard around here.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I'm running Stainless Works long tubes with all cats removed to 2.5inch manual cutouts to custom 2.5 H pipe all the way back to either flowmaster or magnaflows. Forget what they are exactly. It has a hell of a rumble to it without really being too bad as far as drone goes at least to me. But that's not exactly a cheap exhaust system sadly.

I know the older ones that weren't electronically controlled people were able to use larger OEM throttle bodies from other cars. Search on CVN to see if they're finding the electronic OEM ones that they can bolt right on from JYs yet. If not possibly just keep your eyes peeled for a used upgraded unit.

You should be able to find a good used trac lok for fairly cheap if you want to keep costs down.

A tune really wakes these cars up. If the car already doesn't have it done maybe look into doing a JMOD. It just costs the tranny fluid, filter, and drill bits and is actually good for the transmission. It was created by one of the guys that worked with the cars and transmissions at Ford. They kept stepping up the holes slowly over the years getting more fluid flowing but they didn't open it up as much as a JMOD does.

They can be fun toys for cheap for whatever you want with them if your good with your hands. It's a very cheap platform to buy if your looking to swap an engine you can buy one for under a grand with a blown motor. Do some work and drop in an LS engine (unless you want to spend the $ on building a Mod motor). There's a couple people that did that. And you have the budget seeing as you spent so little on the car. A guy in Canada is modifying them for a drift school he works with to be used as drift cars and I've heard others talk about the desire to drift them. People autocross them quite a bit and they actually can do pretty well from what I hear if you do the right suspension modifications.

It's really an interesting platform. Like I said depending on what people want they can get them for dirt cheap and have a budget to build an interesting toy or spend more for a solid one and just have a reliable comfortable DD that if you ever need any parts for you can find in an instant going to almost any junkyard around here.

There isn't the easy E150 throttle body swap. There is a guy that made a sticky about modifying another DBW, but it looked fairly involved. I guess I could try it with a scrap unit, instead of just polishing up the stock one.

I've been throwing around the idea of autocrossing, I think it could be some hilarious fun. Throw some bilsteins and addco sway bars on, and see what she can do. But that's a next spring possibility at best.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Been doing a bunch of research instead of work today :rofl:

Looks like a guy was able to retrofit a 5.4 3V DBW throttle body onto an Accufab plenum, but it's 75MM. I believe the stock TB is 65MM, and without other mods, I've heard a 75MM would actually hurt power. Which leads me back to either a 70MM BBK or doing a slight port and polish on the stock unit.

I did find a Trick Flow plenum that is A LOT cheaper than the Accufab ($100 vs. $450). I'm sure it wouldn't flow as good, but certainly better than a stocker. But if I was able to do a small port job on the stocker, it would be even cheaper.

There's also a guy that ports stock plenums on CVN, and his work looks pretty top notch. May also go that route, if it's too much work to port my own.

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Yeah they tend to figure out ways to do the stuff for on the cheap over there which can be nice on a budget.

Just search crown Victoria autocross on youtube there's some videos up there of it. But yeah new shocks, lowering springs, addco swaybars, possibly a upgraded watts link and control arms. They do have a handful of suspension things for these cars which is nice

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
You can use an LSD (limited slip diff) from a mustan with 3.55 gears. If your car is 05.5 or 06 and up it will have to be the 31 splines.
look for stuff like this on cvn too.
I will put an LSD 3.55 28 splines on mine in a future.
As far as I have read it's all plug n play. Oh well a tune its required for proper speedmeter reading

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Yes sir, dohcmerc right? lol
dohc I understand that you have had issues with him since a long time ago and I thing you have always give him too much importance. don't take things too personal this is the internet and at the end you know whos worth to use it. lol

how you been man?

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i think ill just remove the rears this time around. i removed them all in my 04, and adapted a 2.5" mustang xpipe, making it 2.5" from the manifolds to the shitty turbo mufflers i had, then stock tail pipes. it sounded pretty good with minimum drone and rasp. however it was alot of work to get that all figured out.

anyway if i remove the rear cats, i think ill shove these flowmaster 40s i have under it and call it a day.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info