crock pot/slow cooker recipes

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
BUMP!

I'm doing Swedish Meatballs for dinner tonight.

- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pack of dry onion soup mix
- 2 tables spoons of A1
- 14 oz of beef broth
- Worcester sauce a bunch of shakes
- 2lbs of frozen meatballs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 bag of egg noodles

Mix the following together in the crock pot:
cream of mushroom soup - onion soup mix - A1 - beef broth - Worcester

Once mixed, add in the frozen meatballs.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours (high 3-5 hours).
Once done, mix in the sour cream and continue to cook while you cook the egg noodles.
Once the noodles are done, mix them into the crock pot until everything is fully incorporated together.
Serve and enjoy.

I added in some sliced up mushrooms.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
my favorite crockpot recipe is Mississippi pot roast. So easy to make and so delicious.

3-4lb chuck roast
1 ranch dressing mix packet
1 au jus gravy mix
1/4 cup butter (optional)
Top with pepperoncini peppers

Low heat for at least 8 hours. Serve over some mashed potatoes or steamed veggies, leftovers make great sandwiches.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
my favorite crockpot recipe is Mississippi pot roast. So easy to make and so delicious.

3-4lb chuck roast
1 au jus gravy mix

Low heat for at least 8 hours. Serve over some mashed potatoes or steamed veggies, leftovers make great sandwiches.

This is really good. My mom makes this.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove

3-4lb chuck roast
1 au jus gravy mix

I've done this a few times and it's never bad. I've also served it over rice as a little change up over mashed potato's.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Made tuna casserole last night, based around this recipe which we got from Sam the Cooking Guy on YouTube:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons vermouth or white wine
  • 16 ounces shell noodles
  • 10 ounces frozen peas
  • 12 ounce can solid tuna, drained and flaked
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
  • 14 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 bag of salted chips

1. Heat oven to 375
  2. Add oil to a pan on medium and cook onions & mushrooms until softened – about 5 minutes
  3. Remove pan from heat (so it doesn’t flame up) and add vermouth or wine – mix well and return to heat for a couple minutes, then put mixture in a large bowl
  4. Cook shells about 2 minutes less than package directions – adding the peas in the last minute of cooking then drain and add to the mushroom mix with the tuna, cheese, soup and mustard – mix well
  5. Put in casserole dish and top with crumbled chips
  6. Bake 30 minutes and enjoy

I skipped the chips and did a bunch of Panko on top.
Also got 2 5oz tuna steaks, coated them in salt/pepper and baked/shredded them.

Turned out pretty good.

Thursday I'm gonna make creamy potato soup, I'll get some pics if I remember when time comes.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm trying this recipe out right now while I work from home. This morning as I was waking up for work, I realized I'm not going to have much time to cook anything tonight. Did a quick Google search for crockpot recipes and found this one. I had all of these ingredients on hand, so I dumped it all in the crockpot this morning. I'll report back later after I try it. I'll probably heat up some frozen broccoli and make brown rice to go with it.

Screenshot_20230202-104726.jpg

Screenshot_20230202-104751.jpg

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'm trying this recipe out right now while I work from home. This morning as I was waking up for work, I realized I'm not going to have much time to cook anything tonight. Did a quick Google search for crockpot recipes and found this one. I had all of these ingredients on hand, so I dumped it all in the crockpot this morning. I'll report back later after I try it. I'll probably heat up some frozen broccoli and make brown rice to go with it.

View attachment 149985

View attachment 149986
Sounds pretty delicious

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

3-4lb chuck roast
1 au jus gravy mix

My Wife makes that and we eat it over noodles, its so good.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Made tuna casserole last night, based around this recipe which we got from Sam the Cooking Guy on YouTube:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons vermouth or white wine
  • 16 ounces shell noodles
  • 10 ounces frozen peas
  • 12 ounce can solid tuna, drained and flaked
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
  • 14 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 bag of salted chips

1. Heat oven to 375
  2. Add oil to a pan on medium and cook onions & mushrooms until softened – about 5 minutes
  3. Remove pan from heat (so it doesn’t flame up) and add vermouth or wine – mix well and return to heat for a couple minutes, then put mixture in a large bowl
  4. Cook shells about 2 minutes less than package directions – adding the peas in the last minute of cooking then drain and add to the mushroom mix with the tuna, cheese, soup and mustard – mix well
  5. Put in casserole dish and top with crumbled chips
  6. Bake 30 minutes and enjoy

I skipped the chips and did a bunch of Panko on top.
Also got 2 5oz tuna steaks, coated them in salt/pepper and baked/shredded them.

Turned out pretty good.

Thursday I'm gonna make creamy potato soup, I'll get some pics if I remember when time comes.
Eliminate the peas and count me in on this one

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

This turned out okay. Wasn't amazing, but my gf and I both liked it. My crockpot gets stupid hot and seems to cook things too quickly, so that's probably didn't help.

IMG_20230202_233654365.jpg

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info