crock pot/slow cooker recipes

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
so with my wife being on pinterest all the time she has actually finally started cooking some good food. she has been using the crock pot quite a bit. we have owned one for 4 year and just now used it a couple months ago. i love her cooking in the crock pot because i get to smell it and sample it all day long.

so...what's your favorite/best recipes that you/wife cook in a crock pot? lets share these so we can all get fat together!!

this is what i had for dinner tonight: crock pot chicken fajitas (5-6 hour cook time on low heat)

1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips 1 sweet vidalia onion, cut into thin wedges and separated 2 tablespoons lime juice 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon seasoning salt 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced (optional) 6 -8 flour tortillas, warmed shredded cheddar cheese (optional) salsa (optional) sour cream (optional) shredded lettuce (optional)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Chili is also good, sometimes great. Here's a recipe I have won contests with. It's a lot of work but really good. I modify it depending on how it tastes and what ingredients I have on hand but even this version is awesome. I make it on the stove and then transfer it to a crock pot to slow cook. If you put it in the fridge overnight and then heat it in the crock pot the next day, you will be blown away by the flavor.

Dragon's Breath Chili Recipe : Guy Fieri : Recipes : Food Network

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Pinterest is the shit for recipes. My gf always has something delicious in the works she finds on there.

And yeah, crock pot is awesome. Pulled BBQ chicken is great. Sloppy joes and of course chili. Tried so many things but I think the BBQ pulled chicken or Jamaican jerk chili are my two crock pot favs.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Pinterest is the shit for recipes. My gf always has something delicious in the works she finds on there.

And yeah, crock pot is awesome. Pulled BBQ chicken is great. Sloppy joes and of course chili. Tried so many things but I think the BBQ pulled chicken or Jamaican jerk chili are my two crock pot favs.

yup my wife makes some BBQ pulled chicken thanks to pinterest! that shit is amazing! i eat it at least once a week now. lol

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
We make crock pot meals all the time, especially during the winter on Sunday's for football. Have tons of recipes.

One of the easiest is chicken taco's. Dump in a can of chicken broth, 2 packages of taco seasoning, and some chicken breasts. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Shred chicken and ready to go. Delicious!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Okay, time for the stupid question. Is it really as easy as this ??? I eat out way too much because after I work I just dont feel like cooking forever. So I can just toss stuff in a crockpot, go to work, and when I get home it's ready ???

If that's true I may have to start getting a bunch of recipes off the interwebz and get me a crockpot.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sounds like I'll be shopping this weekend..... LOL

As with most cooking appliances, don't grab the cheapest crock pot you can find. It's usually worth spending a little more to get extra features like better temperature controls and extra settings. You'll be using a crock pot for years so spending the extra money comes out to very little over the life of the appliance.

This one has a lot of features and is under $50. I'm sure there are others just as good (or better), larger, whatever. I picked this off Amazon because of the features and ratings just to give you an idea what to look for. Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
been crock-potting for years..word of advice.The non-programmable ones get very hot,even on low-setting...4-6 hours max on low,then switch to warm.perfect for football Sunday meal.And try these for ez cleanup.

511lsTMtmBL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info