• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Crazy amount of clutch cable play after spec 2+ install

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Good and bad news all in one! Glad its fixed, now I know the work ahead of me..:mad:

Although it wouldn't hurt to have an adjustable pivot on hand, this is not necessarily how yours will turn out. This is not a common thing and just because it happened on his setup doesn't mean it will happen to yours, but it can happen.

The aftermarket manufacturers strive to make their parts fit into the bellhousing the same way as the stockers do. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, especially if you mix and match parts from different suppliers/vendors/manufacturers.
It doesn't help that in the Mustang clutch setup there is virtually no room for error. A few thousandths extra here and there can end up in a situation that would necessitate modifications like the original poster.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Although it wouldn't hurt to have an adjustable pivot on hand, this is not necessarily how yours will turn out. This is not a common thing and just because it happened on his setup doesn't mean it will happen to yours, but it can happen.

The aftermarket manufacturers strive to make their parts fit into the bellhousing the same way as the stockers do. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, especially if you mix and match parts from different suppliers/vendors/manufacturers.
It doesn't help that in the Mustang clutch setup there is virtually no room for error. A few thousandths extra here and there can end up in a situation that would necessitate modifications like the original poster.

Lets hope you are right for my benefit.

I just got a factory cable as you suggested. Now I need the red Quadrant.

bmxer89

Regular
Sep 4, 2008
That's good to hear. Bet you're happy!!
Just make sure you keep the freeplay set correctly. The clutch will live a lot longer.

Do you remember how much you had to change the length of the pivot post?

Ya I just ordered that freeplay spring kit I really needed it. It only took 2 2.5mm washers. I got the 3 back of .47 cent back of washers from home depot I also put a little blue lock tite of the pivot ball for some extra security.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info