Craigslist to start charging to post vehicles for sale.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
i dont understand why people think shipping is such a hassle.

for instance, i had an old schwinn bmx bike for sale on all the local sites for 200 bucks for well over 2 years. everyone lowballed me bad for it as a whole, well i got bored one day and sold just the 1-piece crank on ebay for $90, shipped(fits in flat rate usps bag for $8 anywhere in the USA).

and with ebay, you can set up your listings with how you are going to package the item, with its size and weight, then the buyer pays actual postage... you the seller, just prints off the shipping lable and tapes it to the box. then just dump it at the post office or fedex, or whereever.

Because I don't have to figure out a shipping cost to add to the price (based on zip code), I don't have to package it, I don't have to go print out shit, and then make a trek to a UPS store or FedEx drop off. I don't have to deal with their B.S. when they get it and complain that it wasn't packaged safely and UPS/FedEx broke it, and they want their money back, etc, etc... I did this years back when I parted out my GTP and got nickeled and dimed to death by peckerheads. So I said fuck it. You want it, come get it.

If they want it, they can come get it, or if necessary I can meet somewhere in the middle, cash is exchanged and we're both on our way.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
They're just too fucking good. My 03 K2500 Yukon is still chugging along without a SINGLE issue at 319,000 miles. Just discovered the frame is rotted right where the hitch bolts up on the drivers side so I'm hoping to find one out there with some sort of mechanical issue to donate its engine/trans to.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Go check it out with the engine cold. If it doesn't make any funny noises and runs down the road straight I'd go for it. I would trust driving my Yukon to California and back at its current mileage.

Keep in mind that a complete engine can be found all day long for $500(4.8/5.3)... 6.0L's are a little more.

May be worth it if it's a great price and you can do the labor yourself if it ever blows up.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
i tried to buy my escalade without test driving it, but the previous owner begged me to.
i didnt care, no clack on cold start, clean oil, red trans fluid, but sure, it leaks from the rear main.... who cares, i got a built 5.3 on the stand

but i dont have to do doors, dog legs, rockers, floors, ect......... #fuckbodywork

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yep lol. I can work with A LOT of mechanical issues with a smile on my face over repairing rust. Hell that 2011 Ranger I bought needs a trans, grille, header panel, headlights/taillights and a rear bumper and I'm still more than happy to do all of that because the thing is 100% rust free.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, I have other things (not vehicles), up on CL from the other house. I have an item listed there (I think for $50) and I just got an email from someone asking me if I'll take $30 and to deliver it to them in Kenosha.

GTFO!! Where do these people come from?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I enjoy fucking with those people.

When I was selling my Grom I had it listed for $2,800 (they were fairly new at that point and my asking price was the cheapest around). I had someone offer me $750 for it and then get shitty with me when I told them no. I finally "agreed" to his pandering and even met his demand to meet him halfway. Needless to say he showed up an hour from his house to an empty parking lot and me with my phone off.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i do feel c-list charging got rid of some scammers in c-list private party vehicle section... and moved them to boats/rvs and holy fuck i dont know how some of you guys "love" facebook marketplace but it's fucking terrible for me.

scammers, shit listings, shit, are hookers just using facebook marketplace now?

BUY THESE THONG PANTIES FROM ME NOW

yeah you aint seelllin just undergarments girrrrl.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info