Craigslist Snowmobile Finds

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yamaha RS rage for sale - atvs, utvs, snowmobiles - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

$2300 with a blown motor :ROFLMAO:

I remember Eagle Eagle bought a clean 03 RX1 at a swap for under 3K in 2015. That was the sled that started all...

People are really on crack this year. Im trying to think if you can even make $2300 parting that sled and selling all the parts individually. Like what the fuck.

The sled that started it all was the OG 600 Polaris that Outlaw Outlaw still has last I knew. The sled that made me go whole hog on sledding was that damn Indy 600 I rented, and the 800 Indy I subsequently purchased. Then the turbo AC that I had after I heard one rumble by on the trail ? Then I rode a Skidoo and it was insane how much better it was in corners and in the woops... Had to have it. Got the BCX and then the Summit. Now I'm more technical backwoods and trying to see if the RMK is all is cracked up to be. :dunno:

We bought these 99s for $700 each the other day. Guy threw in covers and delivered them to my house. Run great, went rippin around my field for a couple hours saturday after the trails closed.
IMG_9248.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
The sled that started it all was the OG 600 Polaris that Outlaw Outlaw still has last I knew. The sled that made me go whole hog on sledding was that damn Indy 600 I rented, and the 800 Indy I subsequently purchased. Then the turbo AC that I had after I heard one rumble by on the trail ? Then I rode a Skidoo and it was insane how much better it was in corners and in the woops... Had to have it. Got the BCX and then the Summit. Now I'm more technical backwoods and trying to see if the RMK is all is cracked up to be. :dunno:

Fuck yeah I’ve still got it lol. That one’s a keeper. It’s up in Hayward in the new garage under a bedsheet.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

You had a Yamaha 600 that you sold to Outlaw :rofl:

Didn't you buy both the vmax 600 and RX1 the same day at the swap? I think you bought a trailer also. I bought the apex I still have and my enticer I still have lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Eagle

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You had a Yamaha 600 that you sold to Outlaw :rofl:

Didn't you buy both the vmax 600 and RX1 the same day at the swap? I think you bought a trailer also. I bought the apex I still have and my enticer I still have lol.

Yeah, you're right - YAMAHAHAAHHAAHA vmax, explains why I couldn't figure out the model in my head either. :rofl:

Yup, bought the full sport in one swap meet. Damn bad influence PANDA PANDA s.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
We bought these 99s for $700 each the other day. Guy threw in covers and delivered them to my house. Run great, went rippin around my field for a couple hours saturday after the trails closed. View attachment 82386

Save them for next season. If this madness is still going you can double your money.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I have a strong urge to acquire a turbo machine. I've already watched all the Polaris release videos and rider reviews for the Poo. I still think I want Skidoo...

IDK my buddy Greg says Polaris makes the best mountain sled period. He sold both brands at a dealer for almost two decades. He regularly goes out west and never rides trails.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Respectfully, while both machines are great machines, there is definitely a group of people which ride better on Skidoo... and I'm one of them. They've all got their pluses and minuses. I find the Polaris to be too stable and not as flickable as the Skidoo and I really end up working harder on that machine than I do on the Skidoo as a result. If I forced myself to transition to Polaris, I'm sure I could work through the necessary changes to my riding style... but I don't know that I want to do that! I'm at the point where I'm really pretty good on the Skidoo platform, and in sufficient depth of snow can almost ride it like its a jetski.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Takes time to get used to a sled especially when you are off trail riding. Proper setup is also key. Guys who know how to actually tune suspensions say proper setup can completely change a sled from bad to good. Its just alot of test and tuning. Something most riders do not do.

I was impressed how well carter was doing on the assault when I was riding with you guys. Thats a 50/50 sled, but I know he changed tracks, gears, skis, etc.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Assault vs the Summit the next trip, there’s a reason the Assault got sold. It was a great sled no doubt. Summit did everything we were doing with so much more ease and precision. I literally had to manhandle the assault to get it tipped over and pointed where I wanted. Summit just took some slight body English but did whatever you wanted it to do with throttle.

As I sit here sledless for a full year.

• Love

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I don't want to do more with less, I want to do more with more. Why do you think all these guys are going turbo and dropping weight and improving handling characteristics? Why do you think a lot of the pros are looking to go back to 155 from 16x+ tracks? Its because the shorter sleds are more fun, more nimble, and can get the job done while being more agile over their longer siblings.

Bro, I just wanna have fun and be belligerent - ya feel me?

Thread Info