Craigslist ATV/UTV/SXS/Dirt Bike finds

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Sportsman is a ‘99. Engine burns oil but everything works 100%. Other is an ‘03 330 Magnum.

12009BAD-143C-4272-BD02-DF30E35A5141.jpeg

00F3E6E6-9DC6-4D33-9C4D-7F286D0F87B3.jpeg

B7A641CE-67AC-4335-8BAA-F3CE07B0FE37.jpeg

Reactions: DanJ

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
If I could get like $2,500 a piece out of them I’d be tempted lol. When I bought the magnum only a handful of people had quads so it was a charity machine of sorts. Now everyone who comes up north with me has a new quad so it just sits, I ride it half the time just to charge up the battery.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If I could get like $2,500 a piece out of them I’d be tempted lol. When I bought the magnum only a handful of people had quads so it was a charity machine of sorts. Now everyone who comes up north with me has a new quad so it just sits, I ride it half the time just to charge up the battery.
I don't see how you wouldn't.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have a ‘99 500HO and it’s a good machine.

It was a rental machine at a Powersports dealer up by my place in Hayward for 5 years, then, my fur trapper I don’t fix anything the right way neighbor bought it from them and used it for 13 years, sitting outside most of the time. Diaphragm in the carb ripped and he parked it, again, outside, until I threw him $300 and dragged it home.

$60 eBay carb and $40 eBay tie rods later and it’s been a great machine minus burning a quart of oil every hundred miles or so. I pull a small ground driven shit spreader with it and use it around the farm down here.

I’ve never touched the belt. The early belts were problematic for guys that did a lot of water riding and those who didn’t use low gear when they should have been.

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ and GTPpower

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Engine wise, I know the newer 800’s had crank issues, but that was like 2005+. 700’s being problematic ring a bell as well. Older Polaris engines are pretty stout, I know of a lot of guys still running the old 400 2-stroke machines. Idk what you’re planning on doing with it but I’ve had zero belt issues with either of mine. I’ve owned the Magnum about five years now.

If you don’t need crazy power, I would consider a 330 Magnum 4x4. Mine still does 50 and gets there about as quickly as my 2014 Foreman. The Magnums are solid axle rear vs IRS on the Sportsman. While more comfortable, talking about 20ish year old machines at this point, that’s a hell of a lot more joints and bushings to be replacing. Trust me, I know what I would be doing to my sportsman before putting it on a healthy trail ride just from a suspension standpoint.

I 100% attribute the excessive suspension wear and oil consumption on my machine to being overworked and under-maintained.

Reactions: GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Nice. It would just be for farm work. Checking fences, cattle, etc. I had a friend with an older 2 stroke. It was alright, but I think it might be a little too loud for some of the things we do with cattle.

I really have a hard time getting away from Honda. We bought our 03 honda in 2005. 2 years ago it needed a starter. Last summer the battery finally went out. It gets an oil change once a year, and had a set of tires put on maybe 5-10 years ago. Other than that, we've done absolutely nothing to it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice. It would just be for farm work. Checking fences, cattle, etc. I had a friend with an older 2 stroke. It was alright, but I think it might be a little too loud for some of the things we do with cattle.

I really have a hard time getting away from Honda. We bought our 03 honda in 2005. 2 years ago it needed a starter. Last summer the battery finally went out. It gets an oil change once a year, and had a set of tires put on maybe 5-10 years ago. Other than that, we've done absolutely nothing to it.

id go honda all day over polaris... my relatives foremans out in wyoming get worrrrrrrrked and they just take it at any altitude too.

Reactions: GTPpower and DEEZUZ

Thread Info