Craigslist ATV/UTV/SXS/Dirt Bike finds

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
They wound up calling the week after I booked saying they returned all their Rzr rental fleet back to Polaris and offered me a 6 seater Ranger or a refund. I took the refund but still had to pay for the hotel room I reserved. I was pissed.

WTF. Like they didn't know when they had to return them? I didn't think they kept them till the end of October. Where did you book a hotel room? Usually those are easy to cancel if its a chain?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
WTF. Like they didn't know when they had to return them? I didn't think they kept them till the end of October. Where did you book a hotel room? Usually those are easy to cancel if its a chain?
That’s what I said and they told me they had more damage and break downs this season. Yeah, ok. Quality Inn in Rhinelander. I booked through Hotels.com and took the lower rate with out being able to cancel. Live and learn.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
It's like the boomer snowmobile cocksuckers. They want to hoard all the children sleds, hoard "collectors" items (IE: mass produced sleds that everyone fucking has but thinks every swinging fucking piston is a collectors item), every fucking one of them wants a "snowmobile museum". Chastise the younger crowd who want to try to expand land usage permits to allow off trail riding, expand trails, etc at meetings. Tell the younger crowd they doesn't know shit about grooming or trail manners and refuses to help elect them to the board.

Then they yell and moan and complain how it's a dying sport when they gatekeep their own future.

Yupppp

Guy I know probably half a dozen sno scoots, a few sno sports, and a kitty cat. He just had another kid so the kitty cat might get used but his other kid is older and not going to ride 6 sno scoots at once. Fucking collector and shit.

That's the problem with snowmobile clubs. Its really just old locals who are involved. I have been really trying to get involved more with the Hodag club the past few years. Been going up for meetings and work days. Going to have to put in the time if I ever want to be respected as a non-resident "younger" person. Id say there really is only about dozen guys in the club that do the most work. Grooming, brushing, trail work, and book keeping. I go to these work days and meetings and the next youngest guy besides me is easily 10 or 15 years older. Not that age matters but some of these guys are so fucking old I have to ask myself if they can even ride a snowmobile anymore? There will come a time to pass the torch and there isnt going to be anyone to pass it to. Its hard getting involved not living where the snow, if I lived up there I would love to drive a groomer. I feel like any successful "young" person has moved away from the northwoods to find money. The money simply is just not up there. Anyone young left up there is a meth head and sitting at home collecting a government paycheck. They are not the type of people out volunteering for the local snowmobile club. I also want to say alot of the younger riders are obviously entitled I think trails just appear and have no idea the amount of work volunteers put into them. Might explain why its really only old retired people involved. The $10 trail pass if you are in a Wisconsin club was a good policy to get more club members and funding to clubs but clubs need more man power than anything. They need more people involved. Good news is Vilas County is working on setting up off trail riding areas. I haven't heard a update in a while but I think it will be similar to Iron County with areas indicated on the trail map. These morons on Facebook think you can ride anywhere in a National Forest and down any powerline in Wisconsin. This is what is getting some trails closed.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1604515387987.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363