Craigs list

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
the best "scam" i had the other day, i was reallllly back and forth at first if it was a scam or not.

Screenshot_20200604-105900.png

Screenshot_20200604-105911.png

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Yep a new one to me....

The scammer is, in reality, going through the Google Voice setup process. They tell Google Voice to call your personal number, and then the call speaks the code, or the text message supplies the code, along with a warning to not share the code with anyone. Somehow, you ignore that explicit warning and give the scammer the code number. When you do that, THEY, not you, are issued a Google Voice number, using your personal number as the forwarding number for their account.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yep a new one to me....

The scammer is, in reality, going through the Google Voice setup process. They tell Google Voice to call your personal number, and then the call speaks the code, or the text message supplies the code, along with a warning to not share the code with anyone. Somehow, you ignore that explicit warning and give the scammer the code number. When you do that, THEY, not you, are issued a Google Voice number, using your personal number as the forwarding number for their account.

:rofl: oh fuck

then they got your number basically

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info