3800 cousins 2006 stang GT vrs. Ls1 transAm WS6

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
I dont want to post on Clubgp because I seem to get bashed alottt there. so here it goes..........

I was sitting passenger in the stang (Intake, tune, Gears, Headers, Xpipe with cats, Cat back, Nittos, Intake runners, front swaybar delete, upper/lower Control arms) A trans am (Manual, Loud veryyy aggressive EXH, almost SOUNDED cammed < not stating that it is.) pulls up next to us on the street and punches the crap out of his car off a low roll, looses it a little, slides into our lane and would of hit us if we didnt slam the brakes..........

The trans am keeps going while were cruising 10 cars back, he pulls into a gas station. We pull in after him. Ask him why did you do that? He said we went into his lane lol......... We said jump on the highway we will go 40 roll, he wanted us to honk......He agreed no problem with a smile on his face............

First race....40 roll, stang 3 honks, Stang instantly pulled a car and slowly crept away, total of a 3 car lead.....until about 115

The guy got angry and said he will honk this time

Second Race..... 40 Roll Trans Am honked, stang instantly pulled again, slowly crept away with another 3 car lead...until about 120

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
The guy obviously wasn't trying. I mean seriously. That list of mods on that Rustang isn't anywhere near fast enough to take an LS-1. Considering the guy almost hit you before, he obviously couldn't drive. Any decent driver behind the wheel of that thing and it would have been a completely different race.

Just kidding. Good kill. I love seeing cocky-ass "The LS-1 is built by God himself" drivers go down. That Stang sounded wicked too BTW.

itlnrob

Addict
Nov 2, 2008
With those mods he should have won. Car probaly had an itake and a loud catback., I'm guessing SLP Loudmouth if it wa s really that loud.

Headers and a tune on the LS1 would have turned that race around to at least even.

Good Kill.

The 05+ GT's with some bolt ons are a better race for LS1's than previous models.

I still dont understand why a stock 05+Mustang GT only has 300hp. Bone stock, the 97-02 F body still own them.

WHy do you have to pay huge dollars to get a fast Mustang??
[/b]
Correction, 98-02. A 97 still had the LT1 and would get beat by an 05+ GT stock for stock. It just always seems that Ford's behind when it comes to Mustang vs. F-body. The New Edges (99-04) ran with the LT1's (93-97). Then, the 05+ Mustangs only run with the 98-02 LS1's. Oh, and the GM's still have a slight edge. More LT1's will run high 13's than New Edges, and more LS1's will run low 13's when most 05+ GT's run mid 13's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info