• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

cousins 2006 stang GT vrs. Ls1 transAm WS6

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
I dont want to post on Clubgp because I seem to get bashed alottt there. so here it goes..........

I was sitting passenger in the stang (Intake, tune, Gears, Headers, Xpipe with cats, Cat back, Nittos, Intake runners, front swaybar delete, upper/lower Control arms) A trans am (Manual, Loud veryyy aggressive EXH, almost SOUNDED cammed < not stating that it is.) pulls up next to us on the street and punches the crap out of his car off a low roll, looses it a little, slides into our lane and would of hit us if we didnt slam the brakes..........

The trans am keeps going while were cruising 10 cars back, he pulls into a gas station. We pull in after him. Ask him why did you do that? He said we went into his lane lol......... We said jump on the highway we will go 40 roll, he wanted us to honk......He agreed no problem with a smile on his face............

First race....40 roll, stang 3 honks, Stang instantly pulled a car and slowly crept away, total of a 3 car lead.....until about 115

The guy got angry and said he will honk this time

Second Race..... 40 Roll Trans Am honked, stang instantly pulled again, slowly crept away with another 3 car lead...until about 120

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
not a bad kill, altho i doubt it was cammed. the stang would have been destroyed by a cammed ls1, because the guy would have gone all out on his car.

but anyways good kill

Royalgtp

Reaction score
Waiting for the ls1 can never loose comment from the peanut gallery... :popcorn:

tspence45

Reaction score
Good kill. I saw your cousin's post on mustangforums already though for it. But he only put up the first vid.

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
Lol he probably forgot about the other vid.....

BTW He never cheerd like that b4 it was only because the guy was soo cocky and almost smashed us on the street....

thebullfrog

Reaction score
The guy obviously wasn't trying. I mean seriously. That list of mods on that Rustang isn't anywhere near fast enough to take an LS-1. Considering the guy almost hit you before, he obviously couldn't drive. Any decent driver behind the wheel of that thing and it would have been a completely different race.

Just kidding. Good kill. I love seeing cocky-ass "The LS-1 is built by God himself" drivers go down. That Stang sounded wicked too BTW.

tspence45

Reaction score
I don't think the T/A was cammed. If it had been, then I think the race may have gone the other way because a cam in an LS1 will make a world of a difference.

itlnrob

Reaction score
With those mods he should have won. Car probaly had an itake and a loud catback., I'm guessing SLP Loudmouth if it wa s really that loud.

Headers and a tune on the LS1 would have turned that race around to at least even.

Good Kill.

The 05+ GT's with some bolt ons are a better race for LS1's than previous models.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
I still dont understand why a stock 05+Mustang GT only has 300hp. Bone stock, the 97-02 F body still own them.

WHy do you have to pay huge dollars to get a fast Mustang??

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
The LSX can NEVAHHH LOOOOOOSe!!!!!!!11!1111! He didnt change gears. He wasnt ready. He thought it would be funny if you were racing yourself. His Vtec didnt kick in. Shall I keep going?? Hehe.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have respect for the newer Mustangs...I still beat them, but they're not exactly slow.

LS1 cars are still good, just overrated.

tspence45

Reaction score
I still dont understand why a stock 05+Mustang GT only has 300hp. Bone stock, the 97-02 F body still own them.

WHy do you have to pay huge dollars to get a fast Mustang??
[/b]
Correction, 98-02. A 97 still had the LT1 and would get beat by an 05+ GT stock for stock. It just always seems that Ford's behind when it comes to Mustang vs. F-body. The New Edges (99-04) ran with the LT1's (93-97). Then, the 05+ Mustangs only run with the 98-02 LS1's. Oh, and the GM's still have a slight edge. More LT1's will run high 13's than New Edges, and more LS1's will run low 13's when most 05+ GT's run mid 13's.

Royalgtp

Reaction score
I know Im not as in to the car scene as I use to be but what the hell is and Edge?????

tspence45

Reaction score
<div class='quotemain'>
Oh ok, because I was thinking you were talking about the truck LOL.
[/b]
me too :lolsign:
[/b][/quote]
lol. That's what I thought the first time I ever heard it too. But they call both the 94-98's and 99-04's SN95 Mustangs, so they just call 99-04's New Edges so people will know the difference I guess. I dunno.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Never heard of new edge. Only SN95s but I always assumed those were the 5.0 94-95 stangs.

PANDA

Reaction score
Never heard of new edge. Only SN95s but I always assumed those were the 5.0 94-95 stangs.
[/b]
X2 never heard any mustang called a "edge"

tspence45

Reaction score
It's not called just an "edge" it's just New Edge. I don't think any dealers or anything will call it that. I heard it first on LS1Tech and then on Mustangforums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom