🔞 NWS Couple shot dead after argument about snow

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I keep clearing the end of our neighbor across the court, driveway. She's a cute little Asian woman that looks great in stretch pants.
What, no pics?
giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Everyone in the cul-de-sac here gets along, except for the asshole across the street with his excessively loud harley and no throttle control. If he were to mysteriously get shot I think everyone on the block in the subdivision would be a suspect, including the wildlife.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Scooter, the question involved municipalities snow blowing sidewalks. Many don't because of the liability concerns.

giphy.gif

that's a weak excuse to get out of doing it, and i doubt many places actually state that.

also, hey, check these buttons out, then we know who you are replying to!

1612549042706.png

giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
1) the neighborhood is probably better off

2) knives are way more personal than a gun, just saying
Probably going to tank property values. When I was house shopping, we looked at a place that was very cheap for what it was and was on the market for an extremely long time. Turns out the owner was murdered in the basement and no one wanted any part of that. It was an immediate no from the wife even though I thought it gave the house more character.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
don't tell me there isn't some dude makin 84k sitting around waiting on his 25 years and 106k per year pension that couldn't make a weekly tour in some enclosed beast snowblower like this.

I wouldn’t want them absolutely butchering my lawn
Liability... You snowblow, they fall, they sue.

Not sure on someone else’s sidewalk, but for your own I always thought that was true, but then I looked it up and I believe it varies by state.

Yup, it's how I met my great friend, neighbor.
Her first winter, when I blew my drive I motored across the road and blew hers.
Friends for Life

After watching the guy across the street struggle for awhile my wife forced me to offer to take care of the 2 foot drift at the end of his driveway. Turns out he’s a nice guy, never talked to him before.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I help out my neighbors with my snow thrower if they did not already clear the sidewalks and their driveways. My neighbor to my left I always try to clear their driveway and sidewalks before they do. He’s had both knees replace and his wife always does the shoveling and they are in their 60’s retired.

My shitbag neighbor to my right I can’t fucking stand. I would probably clap if I found out they broke their necks. Buuuut me being a nice guy I told him to stop shoveling that heavy snow we just had during that storm and I would clear his driveway and sidewalk for him.

I just hope one day good karma will help me when I’m at an older age and someone offers some help.

On the flip side. My corner neighbor who are high and mighty Christians that seem to think their shit doesn’t stink have 6 kids in their teens on down with one in college never help any of the older people. Their son drove home from college right before our last big storm and parked the car in front of my neighbors. You’d think they would move the car to their empty driveway during the storm. Nooooo. The family left his car in the street so plows had to go around it and pushing more snow into my driveway. So I used my snow thrower and really blocked in their car as I cleared my driveway and my neighbors driveway. They had to shovel to get it out a few days later. LOLzzz. Ignorant inconsiderate shitheads. Fuck them. End rant.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I help out my neighbors with my snow thrower if they did not already clear the sidewalks and their driveways. My neighbor to my left I always try to clear their driveway and sidewalks before they do. He’s had both knees replace and his wife always does the shoveling and they are in their 60’s retired.

My shitbag neighbor to my right I can’t fucking stand. I would probably clap if I found out they broke their necks. Buuuut me being a nice guy I told him to stop shoveling that heavy snow we just had during that storm and I would clear his driveway and sidewalk for him.

I just hope one day good karma will help me when I’m at an older age and someone offers some help.

On the flip side. My corner neighbor who are high and mighty Christians that seem to think their shit doesn’t stink have 6 kids in their teens on down with one in college never help any of the older people. Their son drove home from college right before our last big storm and parked the car in front of my neighbors. You’d think they would move the car to their empty driveway during the storm. Nooooo. The family left his car in the street so plows had to go around it and pushing more snow into my driveway. So I used my snow thrower and really blocked in their car as I cleared my driveway and my neighbors driveway. They had to shovel to get it out a few days later. LOLzzz. Ignorant inconsiderate shitheads. Fuck them. End rant.
No ordinance for parking on city/village streets during a certain amount of snowfall?

Carol Stream is like 2". No parking on city streets when there is 2" of snow or more.

As for the kids thing being lazy fucks... Couple across the street has two kids in their late teens. They don't do a thing. Will walk past empty garbage cans that have been on the curb for three days. Mom has to cut the grass, the dad and kids won't do it. Shovel? Yeah right. Mom is out there doing it as well. They use their neighbors driveway to park their cars since they have more than what their driveway will handle, but won't clear her driveway of snow. Their friends are always coming and going and they're just as lazy. You'd think one of them might have the decency to step up and help.

Asshat harley man across the street has a monster 2-stage snow blower. Think he can help the 85 year old disabled lady next door? Nope. I'll be over there shoveling it by hand while he rubs his crotch up against his snow blower and jerks off all over his bike.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I will snowblow the neighbors if theyre not done with it yet, and he will do mine if im not done yet....

I just finished doing both of ours during my lunch break because he was in the hospital and cant be out there running his snowblower.

No sidewalks though because on our street the sidewalk is connected to the curb/street and the plows dump all the snow from the street onto the sidewalks.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Many times I have seriously considered getting a plow blade for the ATV, if I could make it fit in the garage. Kind of with the thought that as long as I have the neighbor's permission and be absolved of liability I'd plow their driveways. Or at least the ones that don't have a powered device of their own. In theory it seems like a generous offering, and let's me go play on the ATV in the snow. But then I looked and saw the most narrow blade I can get is 48" and the sidewalks here are like 30" and 36", so wouldn't even be able to do the city or private sidewalks. So back to using my shovel I go.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Many times I have seriously considered getting a plow blade for the ATV, if I could make it fit in the garage. Kind of with the thought that as long as I have the neighbor's permission and be absolved of liability I'd plow their driveways. Or at least the ones that don't have a powered device of their own. In theory it seems like a generous offering, and let's me go play on the ATV in the snow. But then I looked and saw the most narrow blade I can get is 48" and the sidewalks here are like 30" and 36", so wouldn't even be able to do the city or private sidewalks. So back to using my shovel I go.
They have torches and Sawzall and things...

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
No ordinance for parking on city/village streets during a certain amount of snowfall?

Carol Stream is like 2". No parking on city streets when there is 2" of snow or more.

As for the kids thing being lazy fucks... Couple across the street has two kids in their late teens. They don't do a thing. Will walk past empty garbage cans that have been on the curb for three days. Mom has to cut the grass, the dad and kids won't do it. Shovel? Yeah right. Mom is out there doing it as well. They use their neighbors driveway to park their cars since they have more than what their driveway will handle, but won't clear her driveway of snow. Their friends are always coming and going and they're just as lazy. You'd think one of them might have the decency to step up and help.

Asshat harley man across the street has a monster 2-stage snow blower. Think he can help the 85 year old disabled lady next door? Nope. I'll be over there shoveling it by hand while he rubs his crotch up against his snow blower and jerks off all over his bike.

North Aurora doesn’t have an overnight parking ordinance except when it snows. Like you said. 2” or more of snow cars are supposed to be removed from the streets for the plows or be ticketed. I’ve never seen it enforced. Another street over. A household has 4-5 cars parked in the street all year long. They do drive them but I always see the remains of the plows going around them after every snow fall without fail.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Living on Wood Dale Road was kinda brutal. Every winter the county plows would destroy my mailbox.

In addition to that, I kept my driveway clean.

While at work the plows would keep blocking the mouth of my driveway.

Thus, after work on many winter snowy days, I would get home, not being able to pull into my driveway because the mouth was 4 sometimes 5 feet high packed with snow, ice and salt.

Yup, don't miss that

giphy.gif

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Last night's snow kind of sucked. By the time I got out there today, it was mostly frozen. My snow blower was riding mostly on top of the snow. I got out one of the garden hoes to chip away at the ice...and gave up after about ten minutes. It's too damn cold to be out there chipping away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info