Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just went down a 10 minute Mesi video rabbit hole because of you :ROFLMAO:
Their IG page is great. They have a cheetah now as well.

• Wow
Reactions: greasy

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
And since I feel like morphing this thread into a big cat thread, greasy greasy if you wanna go down a big time rabbit hole, here is my boy Dean returning to his captive (but still wild by all accounts) pride of lions after 2 months. My feels were on high yesterday. His page is definitely one of my favorites.

I've heard it commented before that what never comes over the speakers is just how much sheer bass is in a Lion's roar/rumble. Would like to hear that in person one day. They say it rattles your chest.

Same with Crocs.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Their IG page is great. They have a cheetah now as well.

story about the puma is weird, like he just saw it at the zoo and... bought it? probably quite a hokey "zoo" then.

didn't see anything about the cheetah, which unlike pumas are actually on the endangered list.

this kinda blows

adult cat he's keeping in this small ass enclosure (with artificial flooring?), even his entire yard is not nearly big enough for a cheetah. this is a cat that can run 60+ mph. if you actually want a job where you are around cool cats, go get one at a zoo or conservation center or something. and it's not like oh you go out and let them run in a field all day then they hop back in the car, they aren't typically that well behaved and they need to be able to run more often than when you feel like it and its convenient for you to take them somewhere.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
story about the puma is weird, like he just saw it at the zoo and... bought it? probably quite a hokey "zoo" then.

didn't see anything about the cheetah, which unlike pumas are actually on the endangered list.

this kinda blows

adult cat he's keeping in this small ass enclosure (with artificial flooring?), even his entire yard is not nearly big enough for a cheetah. this is a cat that can run 60+ mph. if you actually want a job where you are around cool cats, go get one at a zoo or conservation center or something. and it's not like oh you go out and let them run in a field all day then they hop back in the car, they aren't typically that well behaved and they need to be able to run more often than when you feel like it and its convenient for you to take them somewhere.

They just got the cheetah. I'm assuming once both cats are chill, they'll be taking the cheetah out like they do with the puma. Walks, outdoor activities, etc.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i wonder if he would have grabbed a rock 3 minutes earlier if not for instagram, coulda tried kicking some at least

They just got the cheetah. I'm assuming once both cats are chill, they'll be taking the cheetah out like they do with the puma. Walks, outdoor activities, etc.

cheetahs generally don't want to fight because if they fuck up their ability to run they can't hunt and die, so they will act all tough but rarely attack. i dunno how much activity they give the cougar but i'm sure the cheetah will need more and that entire yard is still too small. they can jump higher than cougars too. also they're more likely to attack a human, esp a kid as they are small and all. i did see some stalk some kids outside of the enclosure where i was at, like the cat was very obviously interested in the weak looking one in the crowd, and there are definitely stories about cheetahs giving people a good mauling (although rarely deadly)

LomileWE-2

Regular
Apr 1, 2020
60477 Cook
Real Name
Chuckles
Watched the lion reunion video. There's a lot in that subject to discussion both ways. I used to think human interaction with wildlife was cool until I read somewhere that if you ever see it it's due to farming of animals that will suffer a horrific end.
However I guess if you are willing to take on the responsibility of giving something a better life that already exists without having your hand in it then God bless.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Watched the lion reunion video. There's a lot in that subject to discussion both ways. I used to think human interaction with wildlife was cool until I read somewhere that if you ever see it it's due to farming of animals that will suffer a horrific end.
However I guess if you are willing to take on the responsibility of giving something a better life that already exists without having your hand in it then God bless.
Hes not farming, etc. His backstory is pretty fantastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info