đź“° Auto News Corvette is now a brand!

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Volts and bolts paid for at least half that Tesla. Equinoxes and cruzes paid for my house and everything else
I just wish my Cruze would stop leaking fucking coolant. I think it's the turbo hose. Other than the coolant leaks it hasn't been a horrid car honestly. I'm at least smart enough to check my levels if I smell coolant or see it which I suspect an average consumer isn't and in the end that leads to a lot of head gaskets. There was obviously the turbo oil lines coking up as well.

I really should throw HPT on it and get someone to do some tuning to it, but honestly I just leave it be because other than the coolant it's been minimal drama.

So they’re going to put the equinox team on the Corvette SUV and call it a day? They’re not capable of making a performamce SUV because they make pedestrian cars under their mainstream brand? That makes zero sense. These are going to be brand new EV’s built for performance. Has nothing to do with any current Chevrolet.
I would say fairly that this has been an EXTREMELY mixed bag from a historical perspective. They saw a huge amount of success doing this with the Seville (it was an X-body Nova, but had huge amounts of tweaking to make it a Cadillac including a lot of what I would argue was leading edge technology) while the Cimmaron was an utter disaster as was the 8-6-4.

When they invented what would become the Eldorados they first made the Olds Toronado to work the bugs out first since they weren't sure about its efficacy. I really wonder if they should go that route and save the reputation of the Cadillac brand.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I just wish my Cruze would stop leaking fucking coolant. I think it's the turbo hose. Other than the coolant leaks it hasn't been a horrid car honestly. I'm at least smart enough to check my levels if I smell coolant or see it which I suspect an average consumer isn't and in the end that leads to a lot of head gaskets. There was obviously the turbo oil lines coking up as well.

I really should throw HPT on it and get someone to do some tuning to it, but honestly I just leave it be because other than the coolant it's been minimal drama.

I would say fairly that this has been an EXTREMELY mixed bag from a historical perspective. They saw a huge amount of success doing this with the Seville (it was an X-body Nova, but had huge amounts of tweaking to make it a Cadillac including a lot of what I would argue was leading edge technology) while the Cimmaron was an utter disaster as was the 8-6-4.

When they invented what would become the Eldorados they first made the Olds Toronado to work the bugs out first since they weren't sure about its efficacy. I really wonder if they should go that route and save the reputation of the Cadillac brand.
GM is already releasing the Blazer SS EV. It’s not a bad start for the Corvette SUV. All GM EV’s will be utilizing the Ultanium platform so they’ll tweak and improve on the Blazer SS for the Vette. 0-60 under 4 seconds, 320 mile range and starts at $65k.

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Well the Corvette SUV will be debuted at some and all of our speculation will be answered. I assume the Corvette has it's own design team who maybe design other stuff too, but I would also presume that some stakeholders to the program will also address price point and target customer demographic.

Outside of the Corvette, I think Cadillac has the best combo of styling and performance.

Seems like Chevrolet is run by bland bean counters who rule the kingdom. Look at Chrysler's send off of the Challengers and Chargers with all the special packages... 90% of those packages are just visual. Chevy could do that with the Camaro but doesn't.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The question is will GM just slap a grille and some badges on it or will they actually do the tweaks needed to make it a Cadillac.

With the Bolt and all that lets see if GM can keep the recalls under control with this one.
Well the bolt is old news though. Even the new one is just a reskin of the original as they have the same battery and powertrain. And the bolt is still a modified ICE chassis, not a clean sheet designed EV. Plus GM doesn’t even make the drive unit , electronics or battery, that’s all LG Chem.

The Ultium vehicles will be drastically better but GM is really having a hard time making them at any kind of reasonable scale so those $30k equinoxes are going to be a while

Reactions: Mr_Roboto

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Tesla 3 vs Bolt show that it's not just about price point. Bolt is cheaper. Tesla 3 is now first place winner from a styling standpoint but it's much more interesting than the Volt.

If Corvette makes a 4 door if they make it amazing looking it will do well...

Nothing in the EV category touches the Taycan for styling.

1670019264933.png

Reactions: Rent Free

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Well the Corvette SUV will be debuted at some and all of our speculation will be answered. I assume the Corvette has it's own design team who maybe design other stuff too, but I would also presume that some stakeholders to the program will also address price point and target customer demographic.

Outside of the Corvette, I think Cadillac has the best combo of styling and performance.

Seems like Chevrolet is run by bland bean counters who rule the kingdom. Look at Chrysler's send off of the Challengers and Chargers with all the special packages... 90% of those packages are just visual. Chevy could do that with the Camaro but doesn't.
Chevy builds cars for their best customers, who are the fleet rental companies , so they needs cars that are basic / bland to sell, and then for the rental companies to re sell, at one dealer we use to buy ex- rentals for our secondary finance customers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info