đź“° Auto News Corvette Grand Sport Returning In 2010?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
A commenter on CorvetteForum purporting to be Ken Fichtner of Billings, Montana-based Fichtner Chevrolet has spilled the beans on the 2010 Corvette offerings, revealing the return of the Corvette Grand Sport.

In a bizarre and unprovoked posting on CorvetteForum, someone operating under the name Ken Fichtner, owner and operator of Fichtner Chevrolet in Billings, Montana, has divulged the future product lineup for the Corvette brand, and it includes the return of one of our favorite Corvette designations, the Grand Sport.

Chevrolet will offer the 2010 in 6 models:

1YY07 Corvette Coupe
1YY67 Corvette Convertible
1YY87 Corvette Z06
1YY87 Corvette ZR1
1YG07 Corvette Grand Sport Coupe
1YG67 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible

I haven't any other information on colors, trim, powertrain, packages, or options.

I will keep you updated as information is available.

Have a successful day,
Ken Fichtner

This spill reveals not only a new model but an expanded 'Vette policy for GM, well, at least under now-shelved former CEO slick Rick Wagoner. We'll see if this new uber-badass Vette survives under the new GM head honcho Fritz Henderson. Should the program survive the Carpocalypse bonesaw, we can hardly wait for a paired-down, hash-marked, track-day all star.

jalopnik.png

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
I doubt they will release this, the vette market is saturated, where would they put this? They aren't going to make it faster than the Z06 and they sure as hell aren't going to make it faster than the ZR-1. If anything they would make it a limited run with about 450-475 horse, but whats the point?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I doubt they will release this, the vette market is saturated, where would they put this? They aren't going to make it faster than the Z06 and they sure as hell aren't going to make it faster than the ZR-1. If anything they would make it a limited run with about 450-475 horse, but whats the point?

Think of all the mustang variants in the late 90's/early 00's, it seemed to work then

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
30 grand or 75 grand? HMMMM that totally changes the game, comparison = FAIL

i beg to differ, the little variant mustangs like the california cruiser (or whatever the hell) is cheap like the GT, but then go find a Bullit or GT500 up in the 50's, i think if they do release this grand sport itll be a Z51 with Z06 looks, and some other goodies thrown in

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Also, I don't see too many people running to their local ford dealers to drop 60k on the gt500

touche, i meant the Z51 corvette doesnt perform as well compared to the Z06 and it looks somewhat plain when lined up side by side, this 2010 grandsport could have the different Z06 ducts and wider fender flares

Z51
10219-2006-Chevrolet-Corvette.jpg

Z06
Corvette-C6-Z06-027.jpg

see what im saying now

and i wasnt paying attention to the years of the mustang stated, u just know that now they have about 15 different varieties haha

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
Exactly there isn't a motor that would. What would they do? Up the power to 450-475 out of an ls3? Most likely no, so that would leave just a grandsport appearance package. Which might actually be awesome if they did a Z06 Grand Sport. Then I could see them making a market for the Grand Sport. A couple g's markup for the Grand Sport, and now you have a rare collectable Z06. Might make sense if they did it that way.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Exactly there isn't a motor that would. What would they do? Up the power to 450-475 out of an ls3? Most likely no, so that would leave just a grandsport appearance package. Which might actually be awesome if they did a Z06 Grand Sport. Then I could see them making a market for the Grand Sport. A couple g's markup for the Grand Sport, and now you have a rare collectable Z06. Might make sense if they did it that way.

Already did this a couple years ago with the Ron Fellows car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info