Corvette going 1:30.5 at Gingerman

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
It is amazing how undramatic and slow that looks, despite knowing its balls fast.

And I love those cracks on the upshifts.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
What does 1:30 compare with in the modified spectrum? We had a CGI Motorsports (Based out of GingerMan) instructor help us in a comparison test run a Mustang PP2 at 1:44, so it’s hauling ass for sure.

OP
Intel

Intel

Reaction score
That was that drivers first weekend at Gingerman

K swapped s2000 went 1:33.095
Jackie Dings Supra went 1:33.5
Honda fit went 1:53 which is a new record for the FIT class.

OP
Intel

Intel

Reaction score
Will Au young in unlimited class ran a 1:23 in his FWD turbo K24 powered car. This corvette was in a class below called Track Mod.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I feel like he could have braked harder :rofl:

Just stupid how fast that thing closed on other cars on the track :eek3:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
From my experience with Gingerman, that track doesn't really allow the muscle to flex. That's why I like it so much, aside from the fact that there's 100,000ft of runoff if you mess up. 400hp vs 200hp there's just not enough time for the 400hp car to get up on it, so you can battle with higher powered cars and have a good time.

BTW, I think the street tire record for an s2000 at Gman is 1:38.0 with N/A power. Like 220whp.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
The first lap, I was like "WTF is this guy doing??", but he seemed to put it all together on his second lap, looked fairly clean.

I'm going to come out and say it, it's got too much power...I wonder if he can get the tuner to limit power in lower gears, because he's losing time sliding and correcting. Especially if he's got to run that thing on "street" tires for some of the challenges...

OP
Intel

Intel

Reaction score
The first lap, I was like "WTF is this guy doing??", but he seemed to put it all together on his second lap, looked fairly clean.

I'm going to come out and say it, it's got too much power...I wonder if he can get the tuner to limit power in lower gears, because he's losing time sliding and correcting. Especially if he's got to run that thing on "street" tires for some of the challenges...
He has a Motec system that would normally do those sort of things but it wasn't working right during this run. Also in general traction control is kind of a bitch to tune and get right so I am sure there is still some more room for flexibility with what it can do.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
That was that drivers first weekend at Gingerman

K swapped s2000 went 1:33.095
Jackie Dings Supra went 1:33.5
Honda fit went 1:53 which is a new record for the FIT class.
This makes sense, i expected faster out of a car like that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom