Corvette going 1:30.5 at Gingerman

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Gridlife ran their time attack and W2W seried this past weekend.

660 hp LS7 controlled by a motec

Screenshot_20200608-160901_Chrome.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
What does 1:30 compare with in the modified spectrum? We had a CGI Motorsports (Based out of GingerMan) instructor help us in a comparison test run a Mustang PP2 at 1:44, so it’s hauling ass for sure.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
From my experience with Gingerman, that track doesn't really allow the muscle to flex. That's why I like it so much, aside from the fact that there's 100,000ft of runoff if you mess up. 400hp vs 200hp there's just not enough time for the 400hp car to get up on it, so you can battle with higher powered cars and have a good time.

BTW, I think the street tire record for an s2000 at Gman is 1:38.0 with N/A power. Like 220whp.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
The first lap, I was like "WTF is this guy doing??", but he seemed to put it all together on his second lap, looked fairly clean.

I'm going to come out and say it, it's got too much power...I wonder if he can get the tuner to limit power in lower gears, because he's losing time sliding and correcting. Especially if he's got to run that thing on "street" tires for some of the challenges...

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
The first lap, I was like "WTF is this guy doing??", but he seemed to put it all together on his second lap, looked fairly clean.

I'm going to come out and say it, it's got too much power...I wonder if he can get the tuner to limit power in lower gears, because he's losing time sliding and correcting. Especially if he's got to run that thing on "street" tires for some of the challenges...
He has a Motec system that would normally do those sort of things but it wasn't working right during this run. Also in general traction control is kind of a bitch to tune and get right so I am sure there is still some more room for flexibility with what it can do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info