copper plating in chicago?

51wheelies

Reaction score
Hey guys was wondering if anybody knows where i could have some stuff copper plated. digging through my willys rat rod box of goodies and theres some nice pieces that i think would look killer plated in copper.

any help is much appreciated!!!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
We've use this place for a lot of our stuff at the lab. It's a REALLY rough area though, but if that doesn't bother you, they're always our lowest bidder. So they should be cheap.

EDIT: forgot to paste.

Krell Laboratories

Plating And Polishing Service in Chicago, IL

I don't know if they have a website or not, might have to contact via phone #

51wheelies

Reaction score
Awesome thank you ill have to check them out. its not to much that i want done so it may be just as easy to ship it to them.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would think any chrome shop can do it, as isnt thst one of the steps in chroming?

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
belmont plating near gene and jude's dog joint. i swear ive seen copper plated stuff, i know they do all sorts of chrome/bright plating.

also i think that eastwood has a spray on copper plating appearance coating without the oxidation. i know they have spray on zinc/yellow chromate stuff.

51wheelies

Reaction score
i contacted that Krell place they do copper plating, for what i want done they quoted me $300 witch isn't to bad, its probably a dozen or so parts that id like to have done. the only thing they couldn't help with is copper platting the wheels. so im debating of doing the wheels in copper or having them blasted and powder coated a matte black.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom