Cop Tells Elantra N Owner His Stock Exhaust Will Cost $7K To "Fix"

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I do not understand, if the dealer has documented the vehicle is stock, then why won’t the state retest the vehicle and/or accept the findings?

California lacks logic and common sense?
Yeah, honestly I think this would get thrown out in court if the car is proven to be factory stock.

The fact that its even gone as far as a registration suspension is insane.

Reactions: Rent Free

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I don’t think this is comparable but my father got a ticket for loud boat exhaust with stock boat and exhaust. He fought it in court with documents and proof it’s all stock, they didn’t care because the sound test came back illegal and forced him to pay the fine (the cops did the test wrong but we had no proof).
The system is dumb in many ways.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
So in CA its now illegal to operate your factory stock car in its built in "track mode"? And you are required to go to the dealer and have them "remove" said track mode? How does any of that make any sense?? I mean for non-car people, it might sound plausible. But that's 100% horse shit.

Reactions: Maro

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
So in CA its now illegal to operate your factory stock car in its built in "track mode"? And you are required to go to the dealer and have them "remove" said track mode? How does any of that make any sense?? I mean for non-car people, it might sound plausible. But that's 100% horse shit.

It is not plausible to non-car people as anyone would question why a new, stock vehicle purchased in the state of California from a manufacturer is not legal to drive in California.

I’d file a law suit based on principle.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I’m curious if an attorney can go before a judge, provide dealership evidence the car is in original manufacturer condition, and demand the car be released .
Im 100% sure that will happen. The kid in the video didnt sound too bright, but man he needs help. He was railroaded by that psycho cop. Hopefully hes not walking around in his skinny jeans and man bun getting handled by minimum wage state workers, while they cost him thousands to get this completely stock car back on the road. I'd lose my shit here.

I hope the kid gets a rapist attorney and he absolutely decimates them in court.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im 100% sure that will happen. The kid in the video didnt sound too bright, but man he needs help. He was railroaded by that psycho cop. Hopefully hes not walking around in his skinny jeans and man bun getting handled by minimum wage state workers, while they cost him thousands to get this completely stock car back on the road. I'd lose my shit here.

I hope the kid gets a rapist attorney and he absolutely decimates them in court.

Sounded to me like he knew the cop was an assclown and was just placating him, because he knew it was pointless to argue with that kinda stupidity. No point in exacerbating the situation. Just say thank you officer and take it to court.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info