• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Coolant temp questions

kweb288

Reaction score
hey guys, had a question about coolant temps and what not when it comes to the 0304 cobra.
So i have an autometer water temp gauge and its reading about 225 while cruising at about 55mph, now at idle the temp drops back down to about 200 (might go lower but i didnt want to keep the car running this late)

Now the gauge is reading the temp through a hole on the block ( between the back two cylindars on the drivers side). This is were i was told to put it, but i dont know if the car is running hot, or that area will just read a higher temp due to the location>???

any thoughts

blck10th

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your intentions are with the car, but I use only my stock gauge so I have no idea what it runs and I guarantee my car produces more heat than yours.

it sounds about right, does it have a lower temp thermostat (180*)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom