• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Coolant in cylinders??? HELP

kweb288

Addict
Mar 18, 2009
Hey guys think i have a major problem here, while swapping my stock eaton for a ported blower i believe i may have dumped coolan into the bores. Here is what makes me think this.
When i stared the car, it took about 15 seconds then let out this wailing of a screetch (horrible to listen too), at first i thought it was something with the blower/belts, but i took the bet off and started the car up really quickly to see if the same noise would be found. With the S/C discounected (aka not spinning) from the system, car still made the screatching sound
Here is a short video of what it sounds like. Any sujestions/ideaswould be greatly appreciated!
car did NOT run for more then 30seconds in said condition, shut it down asap and have not turned it over since.
IMG_1232[1].MOV - YouTube

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
guess you could say it was removed.... i started pulling it out, was almost out then i realized it could stay in.

should i pull the plugs and turn it over, or change the oil first????

yeah, I'm not sure what the lower gaskets look like on a Ford, but I'm guessing you probably jacked the gaskets under there.

As for the oil, check it before you just drain it. You will probably be able to tell if the oil has been contaminated w/coolant. However, coolant is the devil around bearings, so if you suspect that it has been its HIGHLY recommended that you change it as a safety precaution.

Pulling the plugs doesn't cost anything, and it will clear the cylinders. However, even just running for 30 seconds, that's more than enough to clear the bulk of whatever was in there. If there was a ton, it wouldn't have even turned over fully.

So back to my original theory, check vacuum. A botched gasket will cause all sorts of funny things, from running like crap to making crazy howling dog noises. :rofl: Do you have a boost gauge?Does it look "normal" to you at idle? Does the car pull -20# at idle?

Belts - did you get your tensioner into the correct spot (aka: are you running the proper belt length)? These cars are very touchy about their belts and can make some ugly noises. I did see that you said you'd removed the blower belt and the noise was still there, so its unlikely that its the belt.

kweb288

Addict
Mar 18, 2009
no boost guage on the car, but after talkign about it, im pretty sure it would have been the bottome gasket.... so if it turns over and runs, but makes the howling noise, even with belt removed (so we know it couldnt of been the tensioner) would you say its safe to assume its a gasket?
I was thinking drain oil, make sure nothing is in there, and order up an all new set of gaskets for the car

mark95turbo

Regular
Mar 20, 2011
I have a set of motorcraft lower gaskets for your car. My dealer sold them to me by accident because they knew I had a blower on the car and automatically assumed it was a 4V. Instead of returning them I just kept them incase somebody needed them some day. I think I paid $40 for them, but make me an offer and you can have them. I took one of them out of the package to make sure it didnt match my old gaskets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info