Cool Front plate Idea

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I thought this was a pretty cool idea if you don't want to use a front plate bracket and screws but still be legal. Looks like they made a sticker/wrap material of the actual plate.

76b55bfd05be6f005141c13ebab303c8.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Legal or not if your driving down the road at 65 mph and a cop is coming the other way at 65 mph he/she is not going to be able to tell the difference between that sticker and a legit plate at speed

they are going to notice it's not reflective though i bet if laser'ing your whiiip.

or walking through the parking lot at O'hare which is where i got my last two front plate tickets... :rofl:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Buddy got a couple of front plate tickets while parked in Chicago proper, threw his front plate in the window whenever he parked downtown, and never got hassled again :dunno: if a cop still wants to give you a front plate ticket, not much you can do about it...doubt that wrap is "legal" but it's a cool idea for sure

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Funny thing is cops will say it needs to be on the car for identification purposes, which this clearly accomplishes well.

What they will never say is that it is so they can more accurately shoot radar at you..................because tickets are not for revenue generation.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I personally would rather have the plate there than the sticker. if it's going to be ugly, I'd rather it be ugly and not have to worry about a ticket.

then again, I've never gotten a no plate ticket either

I agree. People who bend the plate or zip tie to the grill make the car looks so much worse rather than just mounting the damn thing.

protocall

Apr 5, 2016
Buddy got a couple of front plate tickets while parked in Chicago proper, threw his front plate in the window whenever he parked downtown, and never got hassled again :dunno: if a cop still wants to give you a front plate ticket, not much you can do about it...doubt that wrap is "legal" but it's a cool idea for sure
Sadly, this doesn't always work as the law states a certain min/max display height, or some BS about windshield glass counting as a covering over the plate, which is illegal as well.

Putting my front plate in the window after my first no-plate ticket did not stop the dickhead ticket dispenser in my neighborhood from producing another.

Source: I live in the city.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
they are going to notice it's not reflective though i bet if laser'ing your whiiip.

or walking through the parking lot at O'hare which is where i got my last two front plate tickets... :rofl:

that's where the fucks got me too, twice... apparently even if you park in a private lot around ohare, they have permission to go in there and bend you over.

i'm 99.99% sure OP "plate" is still illegal, cuz it ain't no plate, although i bet it would slide past a few people.

i put in my tow hook and have a magnet thing to stick the plate on now. it works pretty well although one time i did come back to my car at ohare with it spun around and a scratch on the car from it, i have a hard time believing it was anything other than someone's fat ass scooching between the wall and car and bumping it. in any case i put it up if i go to ohare or if i park on the street in the city, downtown, which is something i avoid doing heavily.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I haven't used a front plate since around 2009. Even if the vehicle had a bracket for a front plate, I still didn't use one. I've been pulled over for various reasons but never an issue for no front plate. I go to Ohare every so often to pick up or drop off and still haven't had an issue.

*knock on wood*

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
i'm 99.99% sure OP "plate" is still illegal, cuz it ain't no plate, although i bet it would slide past a few people.

Disclaimer: I don't think it's legal either and should have worded my comment better.

It's like when I would drive my street legal race car to the cruise night with slicks...if I was to be pulled over I would still have to answer to the slicks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info