Cool Front plate Idea

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
This idea has been around for a long time, it can sneak past the passing cop most of the time, but it's not 100% legal. If you're on the street parked, they can/will give you a ticket if they notice it. The only way to avoid a ticket is to just follow the law, no matter how retarded and ridiculous it is. The car I drive every single day and park with NFG is a car that is 100% legal. My other two cars on the other hand are not. That's why I have 1 legal car and just take the risk of tickets in the others. It is what it is, we live in a shitty state with a fuck load of debt, they can and will make as much money as they can on people trying to be crafty. We should all be ashamed for living in IL. :rofl:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I haven't had a front plate since around 08-09. Only times I've gotten a ticket for it has been when I originally get pulled over for speeding. Cop downgrades from speeding to a fix it plate ticket. I just tape my front plate on, take a photo, walk into the courthouse and take the plate off. :rofl: It's happened maybe 2-3 times.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I dropped the front plate on the Regal not that long ago, haven't gotten troubled with it yet. I feel it varies by town. Out by work and in Roselle, it seems as though police DGAF about not having a front plate. I see a ton of cars without it. But in places like Schaumburg, I got eyed by a couple squad cars for not having it last night. That was also the only place I've ever been pulled over for it (and ticketed)

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I had a suction cup, zip tie set up for my 5th gen so I could attach it when I went down town. Since then I have stopped giving a shit. I haven't had a front plate on my fun car and have never been hassled. Same goes for tints. If you don't act like a dick bag, chances are the cop doesn't car. I was pulled over in my T/A with illegal tints and no front plate, was nice to the cop and he never mentioned either of them.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I was pulled over for no front plate and tints out by my parents place last year. Wasn't getting on the gas at all, pulled into a Vato Zone to pick up some stuff, cop comes in lights flashing, and blocks me in.

Walks up to my car, asks me if I know why he pulled me over. I said no and he said because you have no front plate. He the proceeds to have me roll up my front window so he can check my tint. Goes back to his car and comes back with a warning for no front plate..........My saving grace? I had both of my kids in the backseat lol

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I'd roll the dice. It's not like he can get your a moving violation after pulling behind you in a parking lot. I wouldn't take the chance of having to pay another $100 for no reason.

You would roll the dice for what? You would avoid the tint ticket but get one for no front plate, loud exhaust, and whatever else he wanted to pimp you on?

Stop talking tough and use some common sense.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Weird that the cop asked you to roll up the windows, but whatever. I'm usually nice AF, and I got that clean ass driving record, so that usually is more than enough for them to just give me a warning. *knock on wood* I haven't been pulled over in a long time.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Weird that the cop asked you to roll up the windows, but whatever. I'm usually nice AF, and I got that clean ass driving record, so that usually is more than enough for them to just give me a warning. *knock on wood* I haven't been pulled over in a long time.

Never got pulled over or hassled for tints in the Volvo...but like you, my driving record is very clean...only time I got pulled over in that car, my front windows were down, and I was going well over the speed limit...cop was looking for speeders coming down the bridge over 83 on Palatine Rd. I was late for Easter, and well there was no getting out of that :rofl: I'm sure he could've given me a tint ticket, the higher MPH ticket he should've given me, or more if I was a dick or refused stuff. But I was nice, honest, and didn't give him an excuse to be a dick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info