Cool Front plate Idea

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a pretty cool idea if you don't want to use a front plate bracket and screws but still be legal. Looks like they made a sticker/wrap material of the actual plate.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
That is actually a bad ass idea, so simple and effective. I am sure the state would have a completely illogical response to this.

Marko

Reaction score
Great idea for sure but yeah I think IL will have some excuse for not letting people put that on their cars.

lastls1

Reaction score
I have the automatic flip up plate bracket on the Front of my TA...... I literally only do it at car shows for parents with little kids. I have not been fucked with for no front plate by an officer since the mid 2000's

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i wonder if it is still legal though.

lastls1

Reaction score
Legal or not if your driving down the road at 65 mph and a cop is coming the other way at 65 mph he/she is not going to be able to tell the difference between that sticker and a legit plate at speed

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Legal or not if your driving down the road at 65 mph and a cop is coming the other way at 65 mph he/she is not going to be able to tell the difference between that sticker and a legit plate at speed
they are going to notice it's not reflective though i bet if laser'ing your whiiip.

or walking through the parking lot at O'hare which is where i got my last two front plate tickets... :rofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I personally would rather have the plate there than the sticker. if it's going to be ugly, I'd rather it be ugly and not have to worry about a ticket.

then again, I've never gotten a no plate ticket either

Primalzer

Reaction score
Buddy got a couple of front plate tickets while parked in Chicago proper, threw his front plate in the window whenever he parked downtown, and never got hassled again :dunno: if a cop still wants to give you a front plate ticket, not much you can do about it...doubt that wrap is "legal" but it's a cool idea for sure

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is cops will say it needs to be on the car for identification purposes, which this clearly accomplishes well.

What they will never say is that it is so they can more accurately shoot radar at you..................because tickets are not for revenue generation.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Magnets mounted to the inside of the bumper cover. Magnets on the back of the plate. Install as necessary.

/thread

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
I personally would rather have the plate there than the sticker. if it's going to be ugly, I'd rather it be ugly and not have to worry about a ticket.

then again, I've never gotten a no plate ticket either
I agree. People who bend the plate or zip tie to the grill make the car looks so much worse rather than just mounting the damn thing.

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Dude is so worried about 2 holes in his BMW bumper, yet he does a half ass paint job on his grill.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
they make a mount to move it to the side where the tow hook is too. obstructs the grill less for better appearance

protocall

Reaction score
Buddy got a couple of front plate tickets while parked in Chicago proper, threw his front plate in the window whenever he parked downtown, and never got hassled again :dunno: if a cop still wants to give you a front plate ticket, not much you can do about it...doubt that wrap is "legal" but it's a cool idea for sure
Sadly, this doesn't always work as the law states a certain min/max display height, or some BS about windshield glass counting as a covering over the plate, which is illegal as well.

Putting my front plate in the window after my first no-plate ticket did not stop the dickhead ticket dispenser in my neighborhood from producing another.

Source: I live in the city.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I gotta remember to always steal your front plate :s00ls:

FREE MAGNETS!
I don't keep it on :rofl:

I just have it so if a cop says shit, i can be like "oh i must have forgot to put it back on after a car wash"...and can just walk out and stick it on the car and no ticket! :rofl:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
they are going to notice it's not reflective though i bet if laser'ing your whiiip.

or walking through the parking lot at O'hare which is where i got my last two front plate tickets... :rofl:
that's where the fucks got me too, twice... apparently even if you park in a private lot around ohare, they have permission to go in there and bend you over.

i'm 99.99% sure OP "plate" is still illegal, cuz it ain't no plate, although i bet it would slide past a few people.

i put in my tow hook and have a magnet thing to stick the plate on now. it works pretty well although one time i did come back to my car at ohare with it spun around and a scratch on the car from it, i have a hard time believing it was anything other than someone's fat ass scooching between the wall and car and bumping it. in any case i put it up if i go to ohare or if i park on the street in the city, downtown, which is something i avoid doing heavily.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I haven't used a front plate since around 2009. Even if the vehicle had a bracket for a front plate, I still didn't use one. I've been pulled over for various reasons but never an issue for no front plate. I go to Ohare every so often to pick up or drop off and still haven't had an issue.

*knock on wood*

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i think you're ok there. just a risk if you park in the lot for a while. i had plenty of work trips where i didn't get tagged either. but after twice, went to my tow hook magnet thing

OP
GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
i'm 99.99% sure OP "plate" is still illegal, cuz it ain't no plate, although i bet it would slide past a few people.

Disclaimer: I don't think it's legal either and should have worded my comment better.

It's like when I would drive my street legal race car to the cruise night with slicks...if I was to be pulled over I would still have to answer to the slicks.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
If you are worried about not having a front plate, I think this is a great option to test. The cost has to be nominal. If I was worried or kept getting harassed I would try this option first.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
I thought there was someone that was doing these a while ago and he got warned for making counterfeit plates. These are a government thing that you aren't supposed to duplicate. I could see getting in some trouble here.

I just moved to a state where they only give you one plate when you register.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom