• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Converting to E85

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I've been looking into this idea recently, anyone running it on a carburetor engine? It looks pretty basic, upgrade to an aluminum fuel cell, larger fuel lines w/ air water separator after tank and before pump. Run like a Holley black pump and throw bigger jets in the carb.

I was reading up on raceone85.com

I've got a motor I'm putting together over the winter and was thinking, instead of trying to keep the compression low enough to run on pump gas to just go e85 and push it up around 14:1 compression. Would be cheaper and gain lots more power correct?

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
The 5.56 rod is stock. Keeping stock.stroke 3.75 going 6.0 rod with domed pistons and 58cc heads maybe even 64cc ish. Zero decked. Its possible to go to 14.1 ish c.i.

Question was running e85 should save some cash in the mpg area right? And gain some HP while at it right? is it worth it? Cleaner oil? Less heat in the motor?

Mike@Devo2ning

Mike Da Mechanic
Jan 26, 2012
IL
I'm just about at the starting and tuning stage with the bel air on E85. I got in contact with C&S for a blow thru 950 holley set up for E85, so far no complaints. Technically you should be changing out fuel lines that aren't teflon coated but we've ran quite a few cars on SS braided rubber lines without issue even on E98.

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
I'm just about at the starting and tuning stage with the bel air on E85. I got in contact with C&S for a blow thru 950 holley set up for E85, so far no complaints. Technically you should be changing out fuel lines that aren't teflon coated but we've ran quite a few cars on SS braided rubber lines without issue even on E98.

The rubber ss braided lines go bad after awhile. Seen it a number of times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info