• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Converter opinion wanted

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Debating sending my Volvo to the crusher b/c it's got electrical issues and tossing a box in the Escalade. Money's just not there for a new DD/tow ride as much as I'd like it to be. What do you guys typically recommend for a towing converter? I'm towing a 5Kish lb RV and then have an AWD Escalade with a 6.0 that's bone stock and 3.73 gears. I may want to do H/C/I on it at some point but that's truthfully unlikely except maybe an NNBS intake and a mild cam if I have to crack the engine open; quite frankly I'm into leaving it alone right now except maybe a bit of HPT work.

With this in mind should I just toss a stock 4L65E converter in or get something else? Due to the towing and curb weight being at 6K I'm thinking fuck it and stock.

Chances are if I can swing it I want a Transgo/Superior shift kit, hardened pump rings, boost valve and a sun shell (Beast or Sonnax) in this box besides a base rebuild. I would likely upgrade any dead hard parts too but we'll see on tear down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mr_Roboto
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list